Chapter 32-

Chapter 32-

"Any idea what you're doing during Christmas break?" Joshua asked our literature table out loud which consisted if only Joshua, me and Calvin today because Mason was already on the plane going back to Russia to visit his grandparents for Thanksgiving.

How lucky of him.

I played with the hem of my hoodie nervously, not knowing what to say because I truthfully did not know what I am doing for Christmas. Just last year, my parents would be preparing for this holiday since all my relatives would be coming. 

I remembered that we would take days preparing together as a family since there was so much to make in such little timing along with buying presents.

But this year nobody would be coming since my parents divorced and no one wanted to look at me because everyone in my family household blamed one another for the innocent.

Last time I heard, mom said she'll be back for Christmas so there's that.

"I'm probably staying home over break with London and then work a bit as well to get some money," I decided out loud as I rolled the pencil from one hand to the other.

"You're not doing anything over break with your parents like you did last year? And the year before that? And that?" Joshua tilted his head to the side, confused by my response.

I wouldn't blame him since he was my best friend since middle school so he knew my parents liked to have a Christmas party every year and would invite all my friends to it.

"My parents are busy this year so we're not really celebrating," I confessed, not wanting to go too in details with my family issue.

"Seriously? Well then, Calvin, I insist you take her somewhere nice for Christmas!" Joshua demanded almost right away without even thinking about it.

All eyes were on Calvin now.

Calvin lazily opened one eye and glared at Joshua.

"Why don't you invite her somewhere nice since she's your best friend?" Calvin shot back.

"That's a great idea but I'm busy over break! Kyle's birthday is coming up so I have to prepare for it since I'm the older brother! You're welcome to come over whenever though since my parents know you guys," Joshua said with a goofy smile.

I glanced at Calvin now this time, not knowing if I should accept Joshua's offer since his parents are over the top when it comes to cooking and stuffing me full since they always think I'm too skinny and demand I eat a lot even when I'm full. 

He looked calm and collected like always while his hand was holding up his head but he looked like it was ready to give out at any moment and fall asleep.

I wondered why he had little sleep if Erik wasn't home and he didn't have work yesterday?

Since this morning's incident, he didn't say anything to me or look at me for that matter. I was wondering what he was thinking all this time since this morning.

Was he going to yell at me?

Did something happen at home that he isn't telling me?

Break up with me?

Although one part of me wanted that to come true, another part of me didn't want that at all.

"What are you doing over break then Calvin?" Joshua said, breaking my train of thoughts as Joshua now stared curiously at Calvin.

"Nothing much either since I don't celebrate it."

"We should all get together for Christmas to exchange gifts!" Joshua said in excitement loudly.