Chapter 31-

Chapter 31-

"Are you breaking up with me?" Paul stared at me, his voice was broken at the thought of that and stopped walking completely to look at me. He looked stunned and hurt as well.

But trust me, it was breaking me as well.

It was currently 9:05 A.M and we were currently walking around a nearby park near my house. It was currently June 15, two days after the incident that happened that night. I shivered at the thought of there hands on me. I silently faced Paul and couldn't help but let tear swell. After this, Paul would be in another state since he was going to transfer to another state for college anyways. Which was why this was a perfect timing to end it all now.

"Yeah I am," I said, trying to keep my voice to be toneless as I stared at him. He was a little bit over 6 feet tall but he's the most gentle of everyone else that I knew. I stared at his eyes, trying to hold my emotions in. This is the last time I would be able to look at you like this ever again.

"You can't be serious," he stated as he shook his head in disbelief. He was currently going to a college in New York City which was why we saw each other a lot of the summer but now that he is planning to move anyways to another college, it wouldn't be that bad to begin with.

I have to free him so I don't drag him down in life now that I'm so fucked up.

"I am. I decided I needed some changes so the first thing I did was cut my hair and I decided it's better if we go different ways."

"Wh...why?" I can tell from the look on his face he was shocked as anyone would be.

I mean how would you feel if you saw your loved one and first thing your boyfriend/girlfriend said to you was "let's break up" without saying anything else?

But I had to do it.

I can't let him like me anymore than this.

The old Reina Caverly is dead and gone.

This Reina Caverly is dead as well which didn't make it any better.

"Why what?" I asked coldly, trying not to cry in front of him.

"Why do you want to break up with me?"

How I wished to tell him the truth and make it all go away.

But I couldn't do that.

No.

I gazed at him, "Isn't it obvious? I don't think I like you anymore. We just don't see eye to eye."

"Is it something I did?"

"No I don't feel anything towards you anymore," I took a pause and willed myself to cry as I added in, "I lost any feeling towards you for a long time already."

I stared at him as he clenched his hands as he mumbled something

"What?"

"Bullshit!" he said this time looking me dead in the eyes making me widen my eyes in surprise.

This was the first time I saw him ever like this.

Heartbroken, sad...angry.

"Well it's true. I mean you're already going to another college that's not even near here so there's no point with this useless relationship anyways," I said, trying to hold back tears.

Don't cry Reina.

Do.

Not.