Chapter 34 Fireproof

My dad and I skated around for a while, and had a blast. I wondered what the crew was doing, and what the setup looked like.

"Race you to the red line and back!"

I caught up with my dad, and he gave me a little shove.

"Cheater!"

My dad chuckled as I caught up to him. I gently shoved him, and made it to the red line.

"I won! That's what you get for cheating!" I said, sticking my tongue out.

"Race you back!"

I got a head start, as my dad was skating behind me.

Harry's POV

"Can you hang this up?" Paul asked, handing me decorations.

"Where do they go?"

"Anywhere's fine."

I shrugged my arms, and started to hang up the decorations with tape. I could hear Paul ordering everyone around.

"The table with presents goes over by the fireplace, and that can go over there."

Even though I had my hands full, I could hear Paul walking up to me. Everyone else had jobs to do, so it had to be him.

"Looking good, Harry!" He said.

"Thanks."

Niall was putting all the presents on the table, Liam was making the birthday cake, and I had no idea what Louis was up to. Everyone knows that Liam is the dad of the band, but baking a cake?! That's just insanity. I waited till Paul walked away, so I could call over Niall.

"Psst! Niall!" I whispered.

He looked up, and quickly rushed over.

"What?"

"Where's Louis? Is he mad at me or something?"

"What? No. Paul made him run out to buy more things to hang up."

"Paul chose Louis? Bold move."

"That's what I thought. Louis would probably get distracted easily. Everyone knows that."

"Yea. And we have enough stuff. Like, we have another show in the morning, it's crazy how much stuff we need."

"You do realize that we have an entire crew to help take it all down?"

"Okay but I feel bad that they have to."

"They're getting paid."

I saw Paul making his way over, so I shooed Niall away. When I finally finished setting up the decorations with some other people, Louis came back with more. He was carrying 3 bags, full of who knows what. Everyone got straight to work. Mark was supposed to text Paul when they were on their way.

Victoria's POV

We walked out from the skating rink, and it felt weird to walk. My dad called a cab, and we waited by a bench. From the corner of my eye, I could see my dad messaged like 5 people. He was probably telling Paul that we were on our way. I slipped on my headphones, and blasted "If I Could Fly". Time flew by, and the cab soon pulled up to the curb. We rushed in, and my dad told the driver the location. I rested my head against the window. It was a relaxing and smooth ride. As I was enjoying my music, it got cut off.

*Incoming call from Mom*

I pointed my phone to my dad, and let him look at it.

"Ignore it."

I hit decline, and continued on with my music.

🎶If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you
I think I might give up everything, just ask me to
Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenseless
For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely and forget who you are
I'm missing half of me when we're apart
Now you know me, for your eyes only
For your eyes only
I've got scars even though they can't always be seen
And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing
Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenseless🎵

My dad shook me, telling me to wake up. I don't know why, but I loved falling asleep in cars. The movement helps me sleep, I guess. I got out of the cab and my dad paid the driver. He drove off as we walked up to the doors. All the lights were turned off. Now, I can get scared by the littlest things, so if everyone was gonna try and surprise me, I'd scream. I didn't question why the lights were off in the first place, because I already knew why.
"After you." My dad said.
I walked up the steps, and opened the door. I stepped inside, and heard a faint sound of breathing. Suddenly, the lights turned on, and everyone jumped out, and screamed;
"Surprise!!!"
There was so much to look at. Decorations filled the room, and so did bright smiles. I kind of expected the surprise, because my dad was so obvious that he was hiding something. James approached me with a huge cake that held 5 candles. It was a pool, with a slide on the edge. I'm guessing one of the boys requested a pool, because that's when we pranked Harry.
I blew out the candles, and enjoyed myself. Someone turned on some One Direction music, and party lights danced across the room.