Chapter 3 Clouds

My dad and I packed everything we needed, into his truck.

"Is that everything?"

"Yes dad, for the last time, I'm not missing anything."

"Are you positive? There's no way I'm turning around if you forgot something!"

"Dad. For the last time, I have everything. We can double check the entire house if you'd like princess"

Our neighbor Sean was riding with us. Only because he'd drive my dad's truck back. My mom had taken Rocky, OJ and Kiki before she took off. I didn't really spend much time with Rocky, but I was hoping on maybe facetiming my mom and checking up on the cats.

We were bringing Cookie along with us. There's no way we would leave him at home for 9 months, it's too hard. Everyone got in the car, and I had the carrier for Cookie on my lap. I was super nervous about this whole tour. I put on my headphones and listened to some music as my dad drove.

If Sean wasn't with us, I'm pretty sure my dad would have absolutely blasted some Nickelback or Carrie Underwood. He's always doing something silly, at least to cheer me up. He knows I'm not doing too well and all.

When we got to the Airport, my dad and I thanked Sean for driving the truck back home. I was extremely relieved that we didn't have to wait in any lines, as we were travelling for business. With all our luggage in carts, we pushed them to the check in area, where they took our luggage, and weighed everything. When something got too heavy, my dad just added whatever to a different suitcase.

We grabbed our carry-ons and Cookie, and headed to security. We stood in the business line, and waited for around 5 minutes, before we had to put our bags on the conveyor belt. Cookie had to stay in the carrier at all times on the plane. Service animals were allowed on a leash, but since Cookie wasn't, he had to stay in his kennel. He's a whiner for sure, so I was nervous about the plane ride. I didn't want Cookie meowing the whole time, or doing something loud.

After security, my dad and I still had an hour and a half before boarding, so we went to grab a bite. We stopped at Tim Hortons for coffee. My dad has around 3 cups a day.

"Hello, may I take your order?" A nice lady asked.

"Hi, I'll get a large double double, and.." My dad looked at me, unsure of what I wanted.

"I'll get a large salted caramel iced cap please" I added.

"Alright give me about 2 minutes." she said. I smiled at her as she turned around to make our order. My dad and I waited patiently.

"So, where do you want to eat?" my dad asked.

"Anywhere, as long as it's not anything spicy. "

"Maybe we can get chinese food!" I said excitedly. My dad saw my face lit up and just chuckled as if to think:

"That's the only thing you ever eat I swear."

"Maybe, if they even have good food here." my dad said as he looked around.

"Here you go, one large double double, and a large salted caramel iced cap. That'll be 5.47$." My dad got out his credit carded and swiped the machine. After he paid, I thanked him for it.