There was a loud thud and a horrible scream making all of us jump, especially me since I recognized the voice too well, I quickly peered into the gap as I saw what I have feared the most. I saw his white face go even worse, the snake in front of him bit him right in the neck. Severus was on the floor with a bloody neck and was struggling to get up, I saw his eyes flickered to mine through the gap.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears as I looked at his eyes, I gasped and pushed away from the gap.

"Y/N," whispered Draco as he pulled me into his arms as I sobbed quietly. Then, we heard a another voice.

"I regret it," it was the Dark Lord, I know that he didn't regret it. He didn't regret any of his actions, from killing people, from torturing them, he didn't regret any of it.

But it wasn't his fault that he can't feel love, since his mother used a love potion to his own father. It was never his mistake, but it is his mistake on going to the Dark side.

"Harry," breathed Hermione, I looked up with tears still on my face. I looked over at Harry he lifted the crate with his wand and it drifted side ways quietly. As Harry pulled himself inside the room, I immediately get out from Draco's arms as I followed Harry.

"Severus!" I said, as I sprinted to him almost tripping on my robe whiles I kneeled down to him. Harry also kneeled down to him. "Harry, stop the bleeding!"

I panicked as I rummage through the pockets of my robe, looking a potion to stop him from dying.

"Hang in there, Sev," I said, as I looked at every potion I have in my pockets hoping that I will find the potion that I needed with my uncontrollably shaking hands, whiles my vision was very blurry because of the tears that was begging to fall from my eyes.

"Y-y/n..." I heard him say, as the tears started to fall by now.

"I-it's okay, Severus. I-i'll save you, don't worry. I just have to-" I felt his cold hands to my shaking ones, as he stopped me from rummaging through my pockets.

"Let me... be with... her..." he croaked, as I sobbed quietly whiles I felt hands onto my shoulders. It was Draco's hands. "My... office... go to... my office... headmaster's... office..."

I nodded to him slowly. He then turned his head to Harry.

"Take... it... take... it..." he said, as a tear fall down from his cheek. Harry looked at me, confused, as it hit me.

Once again, I looked through my pockets to find a flask and successfully found one with my shaking hands and blurry eyes. I gave Harry the flask, as he opened it.

Harry lifted his wand to the silvery substance that was falling down Severus' face and put it inside the flask.

We all looked at Severus as it looks like he didn't have any blood in him anymore, as I felt the sharp pain in my chest go even worse.

"Both...of...you..." I sniffed as I wiped my tears, but it was useless since there were new ones. Severus' each hand was on top of mine and Harry's. "Look... at... me..."

Harry and I lifted our heads, as his dark, almost lifeless eyes met my black ones, then met Harry's green eyes. The black met the green once again, as he saw the smiling red headed girl in front of him kneeling down in front of him, freckles in her cheeks as he saw her angelic face through her own son, whiles he took his last breath and moved no more.

His hands drifted to the ground, as I instantly felt the monstrous pain in my chest spread along my body. I screamed in pain, whiles I buried my face onto my hands whiles on top of Severus' dead body. I sobbed, as I felt two hands on my shoulders.

"Y/N..." I heard a very familiar voice, it was Hermione. Followed was footsteps, as I slowly lifted my head and looked at the others.

"'Mione..." I said and immediately buried my face on her neck, as I continued to sob. "What hurts more? Your love ones forget you or your love ones be gone forever?"

I looked at her, as I saw her face looking at me. I saw her eyes flickered to the others and to Severus.

"Losing your love ones," she answered, it was the first time it wasn't followed by an explanation.

"I can still hear his voice... I can still see him smile..." I said, looking back at Severus. "I-i'm afraid... I'm afraid that one day... I-i'll forget him, I'll forget all of that..."

"I am too," croaked Ron, as our heads turn to him. His eyes were filled with tears as well. "I'm also afraid that one day I'll forget Fred's corny jokes and pranks."

"I-I'm sorry, Ron... I failed to save Fred..." I said, as he shook his head.

"It's fine-" he then was interrupted by someone.

"It's not fine..." said Draco, we were all surprised by his sudden response. "It is not fine... life is so unfair..."

"It was never unfair..." said Harry, quietly. "Just like what Snape said to me, 'It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair'."

A smile grew across my face as I saw Harry remembered what Severus said to him.

The room fell silence, even though we were at the Shrieking Shack the screams and incantations of spells can still be heard inside the room. The ceiling had was almost being crashed as dust fall down on our heads.

Everyone looked at me surprised as I instantly stood up.

"I think we should leave," I said, as I pulled out my wand.

"Y/N..." muttered Hermione to me, as I saw her look at Severus as all of them stood up.

"I got it, Hermione," I said quietly, but to our surprise a high, cold voice coming from nowhere can be heard by everyone. From the residents of Hogsmeade and to the people who were still fighting.

"You have fought," it was the Dark Lord.

"Voldemort..." I muttered, as I saw Draco flinch, but the three didn't they just looked at me and nodded. It was the first time I have said the Dark Lord's name.

"Valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery," he continued. "Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop
of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste.

"Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately.

"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured.

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

All four of us shook our heads, even Draco.

"Don't listen to him," said Ron.

"It'll be all right," said Hermione. "Let's - let's get back to the castle, if he's gone to the forest we'll need to think of a new plan -"

She then glanced at Severus dead body and looked over at me. I pointed my wand to Severus' dead body and with one swish his body was lifted up in the air.

"I want to bury him at Godrics Hollow," I said, as we made our way out of the tunnel.