Chapter 6-Bagman and Crouch

Y/N's POV:

"Morning, Basil," greeted Mr. Weasley politely, handing the boot to the wizard in front of us with a large roll of parchment along with a quill. The wizard took the boot and threw it beside them where the other used Portkeys rested, looking down at the pile of used Portkeys as I saw some old newspapers, empty drink cans and a punctured football.

"Not on duty, eh? It's all right for some.... We've been here all night.... You'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five-fifteen. Hang on, I’ll find your campsite.... Weasley.... Weasley...." he started examining his long list of thick parchment, trying to find Mr. Weasley's name. "About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr. Roberts. Diggory... second field... ask for Mr. Payne."

"Thanks, Basil," said Mr. Weasley, and he beckoned everyone to follow him.

We set off across the deserted moor, couldn't make out any figures from the large mist. After about twenty minutes, a small cottage next to a gate swam to view. Beyond it, I could see ghostly shapes of hundreds and hundreds of tents, rising up the gentle slope of a large field toward a dark wood. We said our goodbyes to the Diggory's and we approached the cottage door.

A man at the front door was standing, looking around at the tents. I was sure that he was the only Muggle around us that we've seen along this journey. When he heard our footsteps, he turned his head to our direction.

"Morning!" beamed Mr. Weasley brightly to the Muggle.

"Morning," said the Muggle.

"Aye, I would," said Mr. Roberts. "And who're you?"

"Weasley - two tents, booked a couple of days ago?"

"Aye," said Mr. Roberts, consulting a list tacked to the door.

"You've got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?"

"That's it," said Mr. Weasley.

"You'll be paying now, then?" said Mr. Roberts.

"Ah - right - certainly," said Mr. Weasley as he took a few steps away from the cottage and beckoned down to Harry, pulling out his Muggle money. "Help me, Harry," I heard Mr. Weasley say to Harry. "This one's a - a - a ten? Ah yes, I see the little number on it now..... So this is a five?"

"A twenty," Harry corrected him, looking quite uncomfortable, since he know that Mr. Roberts were trying to catch every word Mr. Weasley was saying.

"Ah yes, so it is.... I don't know, these little bits of paper..."

"You foreign?" said Mr. Roberts as Mr. Weasley returned with the correct notes.

"Foreign?" repeated Mr. Weasley, puzzled.

"You’re not the first one who's had trouble with money," said Mr. Roberts, examining Mr. Weasley closely. "I had two try and pay me with great gold coins the size of hubcaps ten minutes ago."

"Did you really?" said Mr. Weasley nervously.

Mr. Roberts reached out his hand to a time getting some change.

"Never been this crowded," said Mr. Roberts, looking back at the misty field once again. "Hundreds of pre-bookings. People usually just turn up...."

"Is that right?" asked Mr. Weasley, his hand stretched out for his change.

"Aye," he said thoughtfully. "People from all over. Loads of foreigners. And not just foreigners. Weirdos, you know? There's a bloke walking 'round in a kilt and a poncho."