Chapter 9-Worries

Chapter 9-Worries

Y/N's POV:

When we got to the campsite a large crowd of frightened witches and wizards was congregrated there, and when they saw Mr. Weasley they all surged forward.

"What's going on in there?"

"Who conjured it?

"Arthur - it's not - Him?"

"Of course it's not Him," said Mr. Weasley impatiently at them. "We don't know who it was, it looks like the Disapparated. Now excuse me, please, I want to go to bed."

We moved away from the crowd of people as Mr. Weasley led the four of us back where our tent were. All quiet now, there were no sign of Death Eaters, though there were several tents still smoking from the distraction earlier.

Charlie's head was poking out of the boys' tent.

"Dad, what's going on?" he called through the dark. "Fred, George, and Ginny got back okay, but the others -"

"I've got them here," said Mr. Weasley, bending down and entered the tent. Me, Harry, Ron and Hermione followed behin him inside the tent.

We saw Bill sitting at the small kitchen table, holding a bedsheet to his arm, which was bleeding furiously. I also took a good look on Charlie as I saw him with a large rip in his shirt, and Percy was holding his bleeding nose. Fred, George and Ginny looked unhurt, but looked quite shaken from the situation.

"Did you get them, Dad?" said Bill sharply. "The peson who conjured the Mark?"

"No," said Mr. Weasley. "We found Barty Crouch's elf holding Harry's wand, but we're none the wisee about who actually conjured the Mark."

"What?" said Bill, Charlie and Percy together.

"Harry's wand?" said Fred.

"Mr. Crouch's elf?" said Percy, thunderstruck.

With some little assistance from the four of us, Mr. Weasley explained everything that had happened in the woods. When we finally finished the stro, Percy swelled indignantly.

"Well, Mr. Crouch is quite right to get rid of an elf like that!" he said, as Hermione and I looked at him unbelievably. "Running awau when he's expressly told her not to... embarassing him in front of the whole Ministry... how would that have looked, if she'd been brought up in front of the Department for the Regulation and Control -"

"She didn't do anything wrong!" Hermione and I said in unison.

"She was just at the wrong place at the wrong time!" snapped Hermione to Percy, who looked very taken aback. Hermione had always got on fairly well with Percy better that of the others.

"Y/N, Hermione, a wizard in Mr. Crouch's position can't afford a house-elf who's going to run amok with a wand!" said Percy at us, recovering himself.

"She didn't run amok!" I shouted. "She just picked it up off the ground!"

"Look, can someone just explain what that skull thing was?" said Ron impatiently. "It wasn't hurting anyone.... Why's it such a big deal?"