Chapter 8-Morsmordre

Y/N's POV:

My face, now dried with tears, glittered under the flashes of lights and the sheen of the moon. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I looked around for a solid minute towards to the commotion back at the campsite. A huddle of teenagers in their pajamas was arguing a little way along the path. When they saw us, a girl with thick curly hair turned and said quickly, "Oü est Madame Maxime? Nous I'avons perdue -"

"Er - what?"

"Oh..." The girl who had spoken to us turned her back on him, and as we walked pass them we heard her say, "Ogwarts."

"Beauxbatons," I muttered, as Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Sorry?" asked Harry, utterly confused.

"They must go to Beauxbatons," I continued.

"You know... Beauxbatons Academy of Magic... I read about it in Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe."

"Oh... yeah.... right," said Harry.

"Fred and George can't have gone that far," said Ron, pulling our his wand, lighting it like Hermione's and mine, whiles squinting around the woods. I heard a few shuffles from Harry's direction, as I saw him at the corner of my eye, digging vigorously to his pockets.

"Ah, no, I don't believe it... I've lost my wand!"

"You're kidding!"

The three of us raised our wands high enough to spread the narrow beams of light farther on the ground, Harry looked around him, but he can't seem to find his wand.

"Maybe it's back in the tent," said Ron.

"Maybe it fell out of your pocket when we were running?" Hermione suggested anxiously.

Then, all of a sudden, I felt like someone was around us. I heard small rustling through the woods that I think, I was the onky one to hear it. I immediately jolt my head towards the rustling and slowly made my way towards it.

"Yeah," said Harry. "Maybe..."

"Guys..." I muttered, as they all turn to look at me.

As I said that, a another rustling noise nearby, but now louderm, made all four of us jump. Winky the house elf was fighting her way out of a clump of bushes nearby. She was moving contantly, apparently with great difficulty, it was as though someone invisuble was trying to hold her back making me look around her in curiosity.

"There is bad wizards about!" She squeaked. "People high - high in the air! Winky is getting out of the way!"

She then, disappeared through the woods, running. Panting and squeaking as she fought the force restraining her.

"What's up with her?" said Ron, looking curiously after Winky. "Why can't she run properly?"

"Bet she didn't ask permission to hide," said Harry. But I bet that was not the case, something was holding her back, or in fact someone.

"You know, house-ekves get a very raw deal!" said Hermione indignantly. "It's slavery, that's what it is! That Mr. Crouch made her go up to the top of tye stadium, and she was terrified, and he's got her bewitched so she can't even run when they start trampling tents! Why doesn't anyone do something about it?"

"Well, the elves are harry, aren't they?" Ron said. "You heard old Winky back at the match.... 'House-elves is not supposed to have fun'... that's what she likes, being bossed around...."