Chapter 125: Denial

"Yoosung," Saeyoung stares at his computer screen as he adresses the younger boy. He's rummaging through the kitchen with a his hair still tied up from cleaning. "Why do you keep giving Y/n a hard time? You saw how much she is going through."

"So just because she's going through a lot she gets to make fun of me?" He slams the refrigerator shut and turns around to face Seven's back. He hasn't even been gaming recently, but his purple eyes are wrapped in dark bags. "Everyone is always so quick to take her side—"

"Stop playing the victim, Yoosung." Seven clicks through his screens, then refreshes the page. There is still no major movement coming from the transmitter. "You clearly attacked Y/n in the chat. She even apologized and tried to sympathize with you. At this point... I think you're just pushing your pain onto her."

"It's not like that!" His cheeks heat and his palms begin to dampen. He turns and faces the cupboards, focusing instead on a colorful box of expired cereal. "I just don't like the way she was lying in the chat. She is trying to take the kind warm hearted Rika that I know away from me."

The redhead spares a moment to look over his shoulder. Yoosung is hunched over the counter while crushing a cardboard box. His face is hidden. "The one who left is Rika. She is the one that changed too. Y/n is the victim, Yoosung. She was the one that was taken away." He sighs. "After learning all of this about Rika, there's no logical way for you to continue to defending her."

"She's my cousin!" His hand slams down on the surface of the counter. "Isn't trusting and believing in her more than enough of a good reason?!"

"You're in denial, Yoosung."

His gut wrenches, tears slipping out of his eyes. A lump swells in his throat, squeezing it closed. It's only a whisper. "I loved her."

Silence follows.

"I'm going on a walk."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

~~ Over the Phone ~~

Yoosung: WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME?!

Yoosung: WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?

Y/n(???): I thought you would've been happier to hear from me.

Yoosung: Rika?!

Yoosung: Oh my god, is it really you?

Yoosung: You're really alive?!?!

Rika: Yes, I am alive.

Yoosung: Why didn't you contact me? Where have you been all this time? You didn't really start a cult, did you?

Rika: It seems you are more aware than I thought you were.

Yoosung: What does that mean??

Yoosung: You didn't do it, right?"

Rika: I suppose the outside world may view it as a cult. But to me, it is just a place where I save lost souls.

Yoosung: That's so nice of you...