Story Mode 117: Darkness Always Wins

"Rika..." The sweat plastering his mint hair glimmers as it catches the moonlight streaming in through Rika's bedroom where they have ended up once again. Things happened quickly and he wasn't able to talk with his fiancée as much as he had wanted while they were both still dressed. Now, sore after use, his sprawled and naked limbs sink into the bed like weights. Although unable to see much of anything, his eyes remain open as he pants lightly. Rika has always had more energy than him.

Said woman is already sitting on a wooden chair and rolling pantyhose up her pale legs. "What is it?" Her tone is soft, like a mother speaking with her slow child. Or a patient spider conversing with its next meal as it liquifies. Her small foot slowly pulls the balled ring of thin black fabric from her fingers, painting it over her skin like ink.

Jihyun swallows before he speaks, his core stiffening as he attempts to sit up, only to decide against it. "I've been looking into some things overseas. A place where no one would know or be able to find us." Nerves roll through him as he pitches the idea. Without any visual clues, he just has to hope that she's listening to him. "We can do as we please without having to hurt or protect others... We can be free, Rika."

Rika finishes up rolling the last bit of her tights and her thin fingers move to fasten a bra around her chest. It's black and lace with little padding and wiring. The small comfort is one thing that helps make her long nights easier. "You have been pushing this for a while now," she remarks simply. Not too long ago, Rika had her guards go after the man on her bed for punishing. He had tried to kidnap her and force her to stay with him. Unfortunately for him, Rika's guards were on the scene before he could completely make up his resolve. Nevertheless, being the slippery snake that he is, he got away only to show up on her doorstep again not long after.

"I have." Grunting, he puts his hands to his sides and pushes himself up with shaking arms. When MC isn't with them, Rika has been enjoying testing new versions if the elixir on him. The dosages are slightly lower than what would be used in a ceremony, but he can feel the impacts all the same. His head spins. "Leave this place with me, Rika." The woman attempts to speak as she crosses her room to grab her usual black dress off of a hanger, but she's cut off. "You won't be abandoning this place. Y/n is finally here. She will be able to take care of everything once you leave."

The black fabric of the dress covers her body as she steps into it and as she has done many times before, she stretches her arms back and zips it up slowly. Her blonde locks are bouncing free outside of the dress and the clip at the top is fastened by the time she turns to the man on her bed. "I know this is why you cooperated when I gave you the will I wrote up for MC, but you've grown insufferably impatient." His head follows her voice, but his gaze doesn't manage to land quite on the right place. She sighs, choosing instead to pull her shoes out of the closet. "Understand that this place still needs me."

"I need you!" His hand slams down on the bedframe sending a loud clang through the room. Jihyun bites his lip and hangs his head, his blind eyes pointing down to his palms. "You can hurt and torture me. Brand and stab me... it doesn't matter. Let me save you from this place." His voice falls beneath a whisper. "I need you."

Now fully dressed, Rika's hand falls onto her door just brushing against its soft grooves. The slightest of curves decorate her lips. "The longer you're here, the less you seem to resemble the sun." Jihyun meets her sweet green gaze as she looks over her shoulder. "I suppose darkness always wins after all."