Story Mode 84: She's Waiting For Him

───────────〔✿〕───────────

"Why are you bringing me so far away from Y/n?!" Saeran snaps for the third time. Saeyoung tried to guide him out to the basement parking lot, but he won't stand for it. "If you don't tell me right now, I'm leaving! You know that I don't want to be far away from Y/n." Saeran clenches his hand at his side. He thought he and his brother were finally getting along well last night. "You know that."

Saeyoung bites his lip. It took everything for him to convince V to let him tell his brother everything. But the condition was that he has to be present for it. "Please, it's just a little farther."

"Fuck you." Saeran turns on his heel to go back to Y/n's room. She's waiting for him. And she's in pain. He doesn't have time for Saeyoung's bullshit.

"Wait." Saeran grabs his brother's arm and yanks him to a halt.  "It's just a block away. We'll only be gone for thirty— no twenty minuets max, I swear."

Saeran yanks his arms away, his muscles tightening as rage boils in his chest. "No. I'm not going."

"God!" Saeyoung sucks in his breath and runs his hand through his hair, pacing once then twice. "It's about the Mint Eye," he lowers his voice. "V snuck in and he's in bad shape, but he has stuff that he needs to tell you." Saeran shakes his head and backs away. Desperate, Saeyoung yanks his twin back by both shoulders. "You need to hear this! A lot- a LOT is going on."

Saeran growls and rips himself from his brother's grip. Immediately, he throws an elbow into Saeyoung's stomach with a fist to his jaw just moments behind. Pain jolts through Saeyoung's face and his vision tilts. He manages to catch himself before he topples over. Tears form in the corners of his eyes. He doesn't want to fight like this. "Y/n is up there sick in bed. I'll be damned if I waste anymore time here with you."

Saeyoung coughs heavily, but grabs onto his brother's sleeve again. "MC," he chokes out. V told him not to, but this is the only thing that would make him leave Y/n's side for a bit. After all, as far as Saeran knows, MC's existence is the biggest explanation to why the Mint Eue has been targeting Y/n. "She's still alive."

Saeran faces his brother, his eyes wide. That can't be right. He saw her die. He watched her die.  The flame of anger is replaced with cold confusion. "What?"

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Saeran slips into the passenger seat next to his brother. In the back, V struggles to push himself up from his laying position across the seats. Color has returned to his skin, but his head is still shaky and his leg and shoulder remain weak. Luckily, his joints were just dislocated so he will be able to get back to what he needs to do in a few days time. Saeran raises his eyebrow, "'The fuck happen to him?"

"The Mint Eye..." Saeyoung trails off as he looks at V's form through the mirror. V insists on staying out of the hospital and even more on staying out of Jumin's sight. Quite frankly, Saeyoung feels bad for keeping it all secret, but he's come too far to stop trusting V.

"I'll explain," V coughs as he finally sits up. He meets Saeran's glare with a small smile. "It's nice to see you doing wel—"

"Get to the point," Saeran snaps. He crosses his arms and keeps an eye on the clock. "You have ten minutes."

"Alright," V sighs, his smile withering somewhat. "MC and Rika are alive and making the Mint Eye stronger. They've gained government backing from your father, so they're practically untouchable now. Lives have been lost and their planning on pulling the RFA into their mess, starting with Y/n." Saeran listens in silence, his expression unreadable. "I need you to help your brother hack into their system. That's the only way we can destroy them."

Saeran's cold mint glare is on his twin. "Did you call me out here for this bullshit?" The redhead's heart drops in his chest. His lips opening, moving, but no sound coming out. "You had me leave Y/n's side to try to coerce more work out of me? And for that rancid cult of all places?"

V's eyes crinkle, "Ray..."

"It's Saeran!" He shouts, his voice cutting through the air like a knife. "You two made me hide my real name just like you're hiding the truth from me even now! I don't care what you two do in your free time! Just let me be with Y/n!" His fist clenches at his side. His breathing grows ragged and his thought sporadic.

"Saeran," Saeyoung can't hurt his brother anymore. Not like this. Not so unnecessarily. "You left Jaehee's presentation early last night, so I don't think you've heard yet—"

"I said I would explain," V cuts him off.

Saeyoung's gold eyes flicker and he sucks in a breath. Saeran or V. He has to choose.

He clenches his teeth. Another deep breath.

"Y/n's Doctor. Dr. Yun." A gulp. A hammer pounds in his chest. "He's with the Mint Eye and has tampered with Y/n's health for this purpose. Rika wants to give Y/n a position in the cult and then use her to lure the rest of the RFA to them." He can't bring himself to look at V as he shares everything he knows. He made his choice. "Saeran, Rika has been in the chat. She and MC are the ones that released all the Han drama to the media. They're behind everything!"

"Luciel... we had a promise. But I guess that's how people are." V closes his eyes and lets out a deep sigh, a sad smile appearing on his features once his blind eyes reopen. He looks at Saeran. "Always willing to betray those close to them for the one they love most."

"What?"

A white hot pain strikes Saeran through his chest. His head whips up to the hospital building in the distance. Something is wrong. His arms begin to shake, his mind spinning. His eyes land on his twin. Then, he realizes. "Now," he mumbles. His eyes widen and a shriek rips his throat raw. "Where is the doctor now?!"

───────────〔✿〕───────────