Story Mode 68: Tip of the Iceberg

───────────〔✿〕───────────

With a small smile, Y/n watches the moment that Saeran's eyes begin to flicker as he awakens. He slept for a long time, which is good. He moved every now and then, but nothing too extreme. He seemed to be at ease. And Y/n is indefinitely thankful for that. She brings a glass of water to his bed side as his mint eyes completely open. "Y/n..."

Saeran grunts as he tries to push himself up.  Y/n immediately puts down the glass to help him, but he manages before she gets the chance. "Looks like you're feeling a little better already," she smiles as she moves to take her normal seat at his bedside. "Just don't push yourself, okay?"

"Okay." His eyes are slightly wide and his body is stiff. He wants to tell her everything. He's had enough with the secrets. Y/n is staying with him even after what she saw yesterday. There's nothing left for him to fear. He wants to tell her. Y/n waits patiently beside him and intertwines their fingers. She doesn't know what's wrong, but no matter what, they'll be together. That's what she wants to convey.

Saeran speaks first. "Y/n... I want to tell you everything about me. Is it alright if I ask you to listen?"

"Of course."

───────────〔✿〕───────────

Time flew as Saeran told his story. He shared it all with Y/n. Everything from his tragic upbringing, to his meeting with V and Rika at the cathedral, to his life at Mint Eye, and even about his physical and mental health that was damaged because of it. He came clean. It hurt, but it felt good. He feels lighter.

"Rika wanted MC to be the party coordinator, so I led her to Rika's old apartment with the excuse of a lost phone." Saeran watches Y/n stiffen slightly at her childhood friend's name. "She was planning on ending her life that day, so it wasn't difficult to convince her."

"MC was?" It's Y/n's first interruption. If Saeran didn't know better, he could've sworn that there was a flash of aggression in her expression.

He nods, "When I first texted her, she was on the edge of a building."

"Oh." This time Saeran can say for sure that whatever relationship she had with MC towards the end of her life was not a positive one. Not that that's surprising.

He continues. "I remained in contact with her during her stay and she was taken with Rika's idea of salvation. So when I was told to, I broke in to the apartment and brought her to the Mint Eye."

Y/n's eyebrows lightly pinch together and her legs snap together tightly. Saeran's voice softens. "She's dead. Don't worry, Y/n." He strokes her hair lightly and cups her cheek, bringing waves of relief to her. "It wasn't long after a she became a believer that V and my brother went to rescue her. They thought that I kidnapped her when she really came of her own free will. When they got there... a lot happened."

"Magenta, the building in which the Mint Eye resides, was blown up. Rika tried to kill me, but MC took the stab instead. My brother got shot at one point and V was— well... he was reunited with his lover." Saeran's head begins to throb, but he forces himself to focus. "That was also when I fully realized how bad the place was and the elixir stopped working on me. And I- Saeran and Ray began to became one again."

"Oh," he pipes up again. He nearly forgot one of the most important pieces. "Over these past months, I started hacking again. Not for Mint Eye or anything, just to earn some money." A small grin catches a hold of his lips. "I want to be the one to support and protect you...And I was scared of what you would think if you found all of this out. ...I won't let my fear hold back anymore." A light twinge of pink rises to his cheeks. "I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, all of you." Y/n stands up and gives him as good of a hug that she can without hurting his wound. Her head falls in the crook of his neck and she breathes in his scent lightly. His skin is soft against her and he's warm. "Thank you for telling me all of this," her lips flutter against the surface of his skin as her voice vibrates softly in his ears. "It must've taken you a lot of courage... I'm proud of you." Her breath hitches lightly. "There's something that I want to talk to you about too." Her body tenses against his and she begins to pull away. "A-Actually it may be too early."

He doesn't let her go. "I don't want to cause Distance between us again. I want to be with you. That won't change." His hands are warm. "Whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen."

She softens against him and nods. "Okay."

When Saeran's hold loosens, she slips from his arms and turns to the door. "Where are you going?"

"You must be hungry, right?" She smiles as she hangs on the door frame. "I'll ask the nurses for some food for you. I'll tell you everything once you eat." Ray holds out his hand in front of him as he moves to call her back, but she quickly shoots him a finger heart and leaves the room.

"Y/n..." he chuckles lightly. Despite the movement of his diaphragm, the pain in his wound remains dull. "She really is an angel."

"She was the one who tried the hardest to find you." Saeyoung slips into the hospital room. His hands are tucked into his pockets and his back is slouched. In addition to the dark circles beneath his eyes, one of them is slightly swollen and bruising. "Oh this?" The twin laughs lightly as he takes a seat at his brother's bed side. "Y/n gave me a good punch for not working hard enough to save you. I deserve it."

"You were never obligated to save me." Saeran's features slowly deflate into a vague look of indifference. "What are you here for?"

Saeyoung grimaces but his eyes are soft. He did want to make sure his brother was okay, but it seems that Y/n already took care of that. "I need to tell you that the Mint Eye is back."

"I already knew that," his eyes slim slightly as he studies his brother's fatigued form. "I was the one that reported Y/n's encounter in the alley to you."

"That was just the tip of the iceberg." Saeyoung shakes his head with a sigh." "The Mint Eye is larger than it ever was before, Saeran. Rika isn't satisfied with just the 'salvation' of individuals anymore. She wants large scale domination."

───────────〔✿〕───────────