Author [@Hufflerpuffer]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely Hufflerpuffer you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

1. What inspired you to start writing? 

Ever since I was little I loved writing stories and also tried poetry. When I was in my third year at primary, she said she thought I'd be good for the 500 words competition I was only 7 or 8 and it was a twist on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and wasn't very good but I guess it started from there. 

 2. Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them? 

 I write most days, and I know the feeling of just not having the energy to do it. I've rewritten chapter countless times and have quite a few unfinished stories but I find just listening to music or having a movie on in the background can help. 

 3.Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

 Well, I write Harry Potter fanfiction so non of the characters are mine but I do relate to some of them! I'm very similar to Luna Lovegood as she's always off in her own world or doodling. In my story, Apartment 9 3/4 Nevelle Longbottom (and what I think is Canon) has a crush on his best friend which I can relate to. 

 4. How old are you?

I'm 13 years old. 

 5.How old were you when you started writing? 

About 8, though it was very random little ones shot type things. 

 6.Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel? 

 I can't really remember to be honest but as I said before it was for the 500 words challenge and as an 8 year old I remember thinking- 'man this is stressful!' but I also had a great time doing it and still do. 

 7. What's you're outside life like? 

 I'm a massive bookworm so I read most of the time but I love body boarding and the beach is my happy place. I live in the country, so hope to move there one day and become a full time writer. I also have a habit of doodling! 

 8.where do you get your ideas from? 

 3 am thoughts. My sleep schedule is very messed up and I don't fall asleep till the early hours of the morning and my ideas seem to pop up then! I normally write quick drafts on my up on my phone or in a note book.

 9.What do you like to do when you're not writing? 

Like I said, I love the beach and body boarding so that when I get the chance. I play a lot of the Sims 4, which I highly recommend and read a lot of other fanfics! 

 10.What does your family think about your writing? 

I have 4 little brothers I read to a lot of the time though they're a little young to understand the stuff I write. My mother's always been really supportive, even though she doesn't always understand it. Our family friend, Jen, also talks to me about it as she's the only one in my family who has read HP! 

 11.What do you think makes a good story? 

 I think books that can really make you feel for the characters are written well. If I can roll about laughing but also sit an cry about a book then I'd say the depth and character is written really well. 

 12. What's your favorite genre? 

 Anything fiction- I like books that help me escape the real world. 

 13.Do you write on wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)? 

 I write on Wattpad on my computer for final drafts but often scribble ideas down in a notebook. 

 14. What's the hardest thing to write for you and why? 

 I find filler quite hard to write if I want a gap in time. For example, if a character found out they were pregnant but I wanted them to wait to tell their partner, I'd find it hard to know what to add in and that's why my current story has lots of different storylines at once to help any fillers I do need. 

 15.Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow? 

Well... I always have an idea but I'm rubbish when it comes to writing a time line. I will have one if my 3am thoughts when I'm on chapter 4 and it'll be for chapter 12! I have a lot of word documents with saved ideas for later on in the story, so no I don't really follow an outline. 

 16.Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers? 

 Just a huge thank you for all of the support, I love reading all the comments as they never fail to make me smile. An especial thanks to xxxSweetBerryxxx as they put me up for an interview and you're all the reason I get out of bed in the morning! 

 17. And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers.

Writing can be a pain in the ass sometimes but don't give up. Write what you want to write about even if people tell you it's wrong or it's bad.