Author [@wildflowersandink]

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely wildflowersandink

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing... This interview has also been requested by 

moviehead_always4 who is also a brilliant writer. I particularly love her maze runner adaption.

Without further ado...

...

1. What inspired you to start writing?

 I write because I have to. I don't know who I'd be without that part of me. I feel like there are just so many stories in my mind that need to be shared. 

2. Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

 I do get writer's block. When that happens, I either listen to music that reminds me of the story or I take a short break and then go back to writing again.

3. Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

 A bit of me is in every character. If not, I wouldn't be able to relate to them well enough to write from their perspectives. I think out of all of my fanfiction MCs, I'm most like Eva. She's smart and creative, and nothing matters to her more than her friends and family. I relate to her loyalty and her free-spiritedness. Also like Eva, I can be really clumsy (I once walked into a sliding glass door). If not Eva, I think I'm most like America because she's more of an introvert, but she's witty and outgoing around the people she loves. I'm also a major musical theatre enthusiast.

4. How old are you?

Sorry, I don't do that question ;)

5. How old were you when you started writing?

 I don't remember. A while ago! I've always enjoyed writing stories, even when I was really little. I used to fold printer paper and make my own books when I was younger.

6. Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

The first time I realized that I loved writing and was actually good at it was in fifth grade when one of my teachers complimented my work. She encouraged me to keep writing, and I haven't stopped since. I also took a computer class in high school, which is where I got the idea for my first 'real' book. I would type at my story in the back of the room and switch tabs when the teacher walked by. Looking back, that story was all over the place, but I'll never forget the excitement of writing chapters and characters for the first time.

7. What's your outside life like?

Currently, I'm under quarantine, so not that exciting. I don't go outside a lot. I got to drive today! The streets look weird with fewer people walking down them. 

8. Where do you get your ideas from?

My ideas usually start as either a character or a scene. I'll use my current most popular work as an example. I've wanted to write a Marauder's fic for a while, and all of the Marauder era characters are incredible, so I knew I needed to create an OC who fit in with them. I started thinking about a blonde Gryffindor girl (why she needed to be blonde, I don't know, I just always saw her as a curly blonde). She's a Muggle Born, a bit of a feminist, kind of a flower child, walks through life with an "Anything you can do, I can do better" kind of attitude, and she jumps headfirst into the First Wizarding War. Considering the time frame (1970-80s), her character makes perfect sense. I also thought it was a little cliche for the girl OC to always be the one pining over the Marauder, so I switched that around and made Sirius fall for her long before she saw him as anything but a friend. So Eva Taylor was born, and I began to work out her relationships with everyone, where she fit in. And wala, 'Serendipity' came into existence. 

9. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

 I love to sing and act. I also love reading, spending time with family and friends, and bullet journaling. 10. Well, they don't know I write fanfiction. They DO know that I'm constantly writing, and while they support me, I think I annoy them when I get into a groove and won't do anything other than write. Overall, though, they encourage my writing.

10. What does your family think about your writing?

Well, they don't know I write fanfiction. They DO know that I'm constantly writing, and while they support me, I think I annoy them when I get into a groove and won't do anything other than write. Overall, though, they encourage my writing.

11. What do you think makes a good story?

 A good story needs good characters. We need to relate to them. We need to see ourselves in them. Boring, 2D characters don't engage me. I want characters that make mistakes, characters that make me cringe when they say the wrong thing, characters that fall downstairs and light anniversary dinners on fire (kudos to my readers who recognize the characters). Imperfection is perfection when it comes to storytelling. 

12. What's your favourite genre?

My favourite genre is romance. I'm a complete hopeless romantic and I'll admit it to anyone who asks.

13. Do you write on wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)?

Both!

14. What's the hardest part for you to write, and why?

I've always had trouble writing fight scenes. I'd like to think writing Marvel fanfics have helped that, though. 15. I come up with a general idea. For most of my stories, I have a note saved on my phone full of bullet points. Every time I come up with an idea, I just quickly type it in and go find it when it actually applies to the story. 

15. Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow?

 I come up with a general idea. For most of my stories, I have a note saved on my phone full of bullet points. Every time I come up with an idea, I just quickly type it in and go find it when it actually applies to the story. 

16. Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

 YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! It's been almost a year since I joined Wattpad, and WOW. This is so much fun. I love waking up to read all of your comments and messages. I can't believe people want to read my stories, that's always been my dream, so thank you! 

17. And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers.

Don't take yourself too seriously. It's okay to mess up. Writing's just for fun! You're creating an entire world. The real world isn't perfect. Why should yours be? Whatever you write doesn't have to be good. Trust me, I look back at my drafts from when I started writing actual books and I cringe. I cringe HARD. But when I read through, there's always at least one redeeming moment that makes it worth reading. Write about that one good moment. Even if it doesn't work in that story, you can pull it into another one. 

...

There you have it, don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also if you want a specific author to be interviewed then please let me know.