Author [@AllieSalone]

Welcome everyone...

From the goblin crown, an amazing piece of literature. I give you AllieSalone

A big thank you to Allie for agreeing to do this interview. I know you're busy.

If you haven't read her books than you're just simply missing out. She is absolutely amazing and has made me cry through her books.

...

To AllieSalone. Thank you so much for agreeing. I absolutely love your books and I cant wait for more of your amazing work.

Without further ado...

What inspired you to start writing?

I started out by writing fanfiction, so I suppose what inspired me was a desire to tell a story about characters and worlds I already loved and explore things the original property hadn't. The first thing I ever wrote was a Dragonball Z fanfiction.

Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

I...struggle with writer's block. It happens often. So many stories have died from it, but I think what caused it was that I was trying to write several stories at once. I've found that if I put most of my focus on one thing, it doesn't hit me as often. When it does, I'll allow myself to work a little on a different project that is very different from my main one. It helps to get into a different headspace.

Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

Out of all my characters, I think I have the most in common with Floki, especially when he was a kid. I'm a very quiet, shy person. Matilda is more like how I wish I could be, minus the homicidal tendencies. Fun fact, kid Frit was based on my brother.

How old are you?

I'm 29!

How old were you when you started writing?

Fourteen? I think I was in 7th or 8th grade. I can't really remember.

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

It's just always been fun for me. My favourite thing in the world is reading comments and seeing how the readers react to what I've written. I've laughed so hard at them at times! I think that's what got me hooked.

How long does it take you to write a book on average?

It depends on how long it is, but with The Goblin's Trilogy, I've averaged about a year and a half.

What's your outside life like?

Boring. Ha! I work at a library as a circulation clerk. When I'm not there, I'm at home writing or playing video games or hanging out with family.

Where do you get your ideas from?

Folklore, history and various religions.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I play a lot of video games, mainly RPGs.

What does your family think about your writing?

I've mostly kept it to myself. Once when I was in high school, my parents found a notebook where I'd written a chapter for a romance I was writing. They gushed over it and all the while I was thanking my lucky stars there happened to be nothing explicit in that particular chapter. Ever since it's been a carefully guarded secret. They didn't even know I'd written a "book" until I won a Watty last year for The Goblin's Crown.

...

That's it...

Don't forget to drop a vote and comment.