Chapter Fourteen

Fatima's P. O. V.

It's finally decided, my wedding date was fixed immediately after the Kayan lefe was brought by the groom's family, my parent both instructed that i won't be at home when they bring it, it's among the tradition, so i followed my brother and his family to Kano, i need to see Zahra i miss her.

We got to Kano safely, the next day Zahra pays me a visit, she took me out, we discussed things that happened in our lives and also she introduced me to her friends Zubaida, Rafiatu Nafisa, and Nusaiba, i enjoyed their company, they are all crazy and fun to be with, we created a whatsapp group, Zahra named it BFF ❤🎆. i was so happy because they made sure i explore Kano and have a nice time, my wedding date is fixed, in two months’ time am going to be married, the ceremony is to be celebrated in four days, which is
Heena day, Bridal shower💃& bachelor's night, Mother's day, The Nikkah, finally conveyance of the Amarya.

Preparation began, it wasn’t easy, everyone has been busy ever since then, my grandma is here yay💃, some of my relatives also came, the ones i know and some i don't, my grandma loves calling me Zahra, don't be confused, people who bears the name Fatima also bears Zahra, a month to the weeding i stopped going out, strict order from my dad, Habibi didn't call nor message me, well am not bothered, it's only when it's important he messages me, he has never called me, a lady was employed for my Gyaran Jiki.

I like how she does her work, neat and clean, she gave me all sought of soap, cream, perfumes and i have been drinking some herbs, so bitter, Zahra my husband to be sister is my make-up artist, the Heena day is finally here, lots of my friends are here, two ladies were employed to draw the henna, one personally for me and the other was for my friends, she asked of my husband nick name so she can write it in between the flowers drawn on my hand, i said h.

Zahra teased me through out that day, and she keep asking what the h meant, the Heena was really beautiful, Zahra took lots of picture especially my hand saying she wants to send it to h baby, i begged her not to, but she wasn't having it, the bridal shower was organised at an event centre few blocks away from the house, my friends, some of my secondary school classmate are present, the party was so lively, we discussed about all the memories we shared both happy and sad, some i cried especially when Zahra was sharing her's, not because of the memories but because i don't know what the future holds.

Mother's day was interesting and scaring at some points because few of my mate were allowed to attend, the rest are mothers and grandmothers who gave me advice on how to live a happy marriage, also with some sex tips, the Nikkah is done at the mosque, my dad, brother and some of their friends went while we waited for them at home, i was dressed and waiting for my dad to tell me they had tied the knot, when i heard my phone ringing, Zahra passed the phone to me smiling from ear to ear, teasing me of how she knows what the h meant finally, it's Habibi right, i nod and picked the call.

I said Salam alaikum, i didn't hear his voice, what i heard was the imam's voice praying and saying Alhamdulillah the knot has been tied between Fatima and Abbas, then the imam started praying immediately i heard that, i started crying, Zahra was scolding me so i won't spoil the make-up she understood why i was crying but others in the room don't, they thought i was having cold feet, my mom rushed shouting Fati it's settled you are finally married she was shocked when she saw me crying, what happened, Zahra says she knows ma, her husband just called her, it's okay Fati everything will be fine, okay so stop crying because your father, the groom and his friends will soon be here, so get prepared so you can take pictures, by the way you look beautiful, thanks mum i said, Zahra do the finishing touches, we will all be waiting for you.