Chapter Twenty

Abbas P. O. V

Fatima's gains her consciousness and i have being paranoid about her getting into any form of complications, i asked her who i was to be sure she didn't have my memory loss, she ask if all is well before i could respond everyone came in, i myself is surprise at my actions towards Fatima, my mom tease me and ask me to give Fatima some breathing space so she could talk to everyone, few days after she was discharged, the doctor said she should be brought back to the hospital for check-ups and also to remove the cast which i promise to bring her back, i refused to go to work so i could be with Fatima.

When calls kept coming in insisting they need me, my mom insist i resume work else she will take Fatima to Kano with her, i thought she was lying until she ask i test her, so i went to work i kept calling to know if she's okay if she has also eaten, on an occasion like that Khalifa and i was talking but i couldn't concentrate until i spoke with people at home and asked if she was okay, i totally forgot Khalifa and i was having a conversation, Khalifa laughed and said lover boy what's going on.

I glared at him and said what do you mean, he kept laughing and said Mr i will never fall in love, i will deal with her if she see her dad she will say it's me Abbas, i smiled and said people change, he laughed and said so Abbas because she had an accident you changed to start loving her, Khalifa i said he replied what? what's your reason i want to know, i sighed and said Khalifa i won't lie to you when i saw her at the hospital i felt bad, i had this feeling i never felt before it's like a part of me is gone.

Khalifa smiled then i glared at him what's that smile for, he started laughing you my friend are in love, me Khalifa you must be kidding, Khalifa said yes you are in love give it time Abbas you will understand what am saying, we stood up went to pray before we both depart ways, on my way going back home a reminder pops up on my phone, reminding me of Fatimas appointment tomorrow i took her there the next day, the cast was removed she was given crutches and asked to book a physiotherapy session with them, i register her immediately i don't want to take any chances.

I was glad she's feeling better, mom, zahra and my in law Fatimas brother left the following day, i was back at work today and i kept thinking was if Fatima is faring well, i decided to call her, she didn't pick at the first ring, the second ring she picked, after exchange pleasantries i ask her if she was good and if she needs anything of which her response wasn't soothing well, i shrugged and continued my work, i got back home and i observed dinner is served, i took my bath and went to dining area i haven't seen Fatima i asked rabbi of Fatimas where about she said she's inside,  i asked if she has eaten she said no, i asked her to go call her so we could eat together, rabbi left, she came back after few minutes and said she's still asleep.

I ate and went to bed early cause i have a presentation very early the next day, i woke up to get water from the kitchen downstairs, when i saw Fatima she rush pass me and slammed the door, for the past 2days i haven't seen Fatima i kept wondering if she's been avoiding me what's going on or what went wrong lately, so after work i went to see Khalifa in his house, i was welcomed by his wife saying he will join me shorty, Khalifa is taking his bath.

Me and Amrah started discussing things about work my wife's health, while discussing Khalifa came in, we greeted he ask to what do i owe this visit, i laughed and said can't i check up on you again, and discuss something very important with you, he laughed before he could reply, his wife said lunch is ready we should both come and eat, Khalifa smiled from ear to ear and said am coming to the dining Abbas is full, i glared at him and said did i tell you that, am coming with you Amrah smiled and said thank God my food and time wouldn't go for a waste, we ate before we excuse ourselves saying we need to discuss some business.

He took me to the guest house where he ask what happened and i know you need me that's why u came, i replied what do you mean i do come and you know how busy i am of recent, he nods and said go on, i said Khalifa it's Fatima, what about her he said, i replied she's being avoiding me lately, i call her she give me one or two sentence as her reply, am feeling bad Khalifa said what do you expect Abbas someone who you treated bad someone who you ignore and just all of a sudden because of an accident you started showing care, love, and affection, do you expect her to be nice.

Let me tell you what she might be thinking maybe you are using her, maybe you are guilty of your actions, maybe your parent threaten you, maybe everyone know the truth, see Abbas a lot are going through her mind of which i can't say why she's avoiding you but i need u to think things through and come to a conclusion, don't rush it when the time is right it will surely happen, so if you are willing to open your heart to be loved and loved in return, it's your decision to make if you want to let her go i.e. by divorcing her that's your decision to make, just be calm think things through everything will fall into place when you decide and how far you want to go to achieve it, i will be here waiting for your conclusion.

I sighed we changed topic chatted about business, situation in the country before i left, i kept thinking what Khalifa told me and then came up with a conclusion.

I called Fatima she isn't picking up i called her more than twice, i decided to close early so i can get home  early, i got home to perceive an intoxicating aroma my stomach grumbled, i chuckled and got in i met Fatima and rabbi in the kitchen we greet and i told Fatima that i called she said the phone isn't close i panicked and start asking her questions she shrugged and said its a mistake, i noticed she's trying to stand up i ask where shes going she said she's upstairs, i told her i need to speak with her and she said okay i looked around saw rabbi was still in the kitchen.

Immediately i dragged Fatima up and assisted her to the living room where she kept questioning me, i asked her to sit and sit well i explained myself to her and asked for a second chance she was dazed that she had to check my temperature by touching my neck, i know lots of things are going through her mind and head, she asked who is behind all am doing, i replied no one, i was really surprised when she confessed and was willing to give me a second chance but i have to earn her forgiveness which am really glad for.

I stood up and introduce myself, i stretch my hands to shake her, she laughed and said you already know my name, i insist she shake my hand and introduce herself she ask i assist her so she could serve me which i assist her she called rabbi who has already dish the food and served other staffs.

I ate and was served dessert which i was satisfied, for which i thanked her and assisted her upstairs, i kept asking Fati random questions she answered, all of a sudden rabbi knocked at the door i ask her to come in which she rushed in panting and crying Fati stood up and sat back immediately she hissed and i rushed to her side, i asked rabbi what the matter was, she said her mother is ill and her presence is needed in the village.

Fati pets Rabi telling her it's okay when did she intend leaving of which rabbi said tomorrow or next if possible, we consoled her, she left the day after, my wife relieved her for her services and i personally sent her some money she kept thanking us, rabbi left, my wife kept healing which i never failed to take her to the hospital during her therapy days, amazingly am getting to know her better every day by day, after our regular visit to the hospital the doctor said my wife is healed and gave her rules of what she should do, with things she should avoid, driving back home from the hospital i received a call from Khalifa saying i should swing by his house of which i ask if there's a problem no problem he said, just come i said ok am on my way, i dropped Fati home told her i want to see Khalifa she bade me and i proceed to Khalifas place.

Don't forget to click the star 🌟 button below, comment and do tell a frnd to tell a frnd......

Thanks as u do so ✴️❤

©Halimat Sansa