Chapter Eight

Time really flies, just like yesterday, am now a graduate, am really excited because our graduation is tomorrow and my dad said they couldn't make it but they promise to make it up to me, my brother and some of my cousins kept calling and texting me, even though they couldn't make it, i really feel loved for their concern, care and affection.

At the graduation party, I met Zahras parent, they congratulated us and took us out, we came back to Nigeria with Zahra and her parents where i met my big brother waiting for my arrival, i introduced him to Zahras parent and to my surprise he knew them, they spoke at length.

He invited them to our house, they told him they really have to go back to Kano today, they have lots of things waiting before them, i bid Zahra good bye and promise to visit her in Kano soon.

We left the airport and my brother drove me home, home, i asked of dad and everyone he said they are all busy, i was really sad that they couldnt come to welcome me, but i felt they had their reason.

Getting home, everywhere was silent i asked my brother ya Salim hope all is well, he smiled and said don't think too much, let's go inside, i replied please tell me hope no one is dead, he said i rebuke it Ahuzubillahi, Fati stop all this your nonsense talk and get inside, i was scared and curious, we got inside, everywhere was dark when i switch the light on.

I heard surprise happy graduation Fatima, i was shocked, surprised and speechless i started crying, seeing all my loved and dear ones, my parents, siblings, my brother's wife and her kids, my cousins some that i know Zubaida, Rahama, Sulaiman, Hafsat, Aisha among others that i don't know, the party was beyond what i dreamt of or expected, everyone came with their gifts and prayers i was really overwhelmed and grateful for life and my family.

Ahuzubillahi: an Arabic word which means I seek refuge from Allah.

●Halimat Sansa