Chapter Twenty - Four

Fatima's P. O. V.

For the past few days after my outing with Abbas we both went back to our normal lives he goes to work but i on the other hand haven't resumed my catering business there's improvement in my relationship with Abbas we call chat and discuss about our day to day activity as usual am always home but today i visited Khalifas wife which i told Abbas, it was fun we both cooked and chatted she ask when i would be leaving to Kano we argued to later agree on going first week of next month, we kept discussing on the baby's name she couldn't hide her excitement to see her family again we were deliberating on what to gift zahra my phone rings i checked it was Abbas.

He ask if am still at Khalifas place which i said yes he said he's on his way to pick me i said okay, Amrah started laughing she said hubby can't get enough she ask i assist her, we both cook dinner since our husband's won't be long before reaching here i smiled and we both proceed to the kitchen we prepared spaghetti, stir- fry peppered potatoes and meatballs i was setting the table when they both walked in (Abbas and Khalifa) i greet them and Khalifa queried me for putting his wife through stress of cooking i said to him Baban en biyu i didn't put her through stress Amrah came out, she greets him he hug her and they started discussing.

I glance and signalled to Abbas to give the couple some space he nods and we went to the living room immediately Abbas hugged me i laughed and said why are you being touchy what happened? he smiled and said nothing can't i hold my wife we both looked at each other and laugh Khalifa and Amrah came in they ask what's going on i detach myself from the embrace and we both said nothing, they chuckled and Amrah broke the silence please let's all proceed to the dining area am starving we all went there while eating we discussed about work and inform them of our journey to Kano for the wedding.

Khalifa agreed saying he will join us later in Kano, there's a contract he and Abbas are working on, it was late at night when we left Khalifas home to ours, on our way home Abbas kept stealing glance at me, he held my hand he ask if i cared for ice cream i declined i was filled with what i ate at Khalifas place, he said okay i noticed he was silent i broke it by saying are you angry that i decline your offer, he smiled at me and said no am not i said okay, we got home bade each other good night.

I remind him to lock the doors he hummed as i was about to enter my room i heard whispers of i love you, i shrugged and thought maybe am hallucinating i woke up late today and was lazy to do anything i got a call from Abbas, he ask me to help get some files i chuckled and rant on the phone asking him why he didn't take the files he laughed and said he forgot i ask him where he kept the file he explained i told him i would bring it he thanked me and said i love you oh shit he hanged up, i laughed it later dawned on me that he said he loves me maybe he's joking i shrugged and kept searching for the file after a long search i saw it.

I changed and start the move to his office since my accident i haven't drive or think of getting a new car, our driver isn't around so i took an Uber i got to his office and was greeted from every angle at his office everything was disorganized with files stack of papers and empty can we greet, he asked of the file i gave him he pecked me on the check.

I was shocked i smiled and said i will be on my way he refused saying i should wait for him he's almost done, we kept chatting while he worked i quarrelled him for not telling me bring some snacks or food which he apologized saying the file was due to his carelessness he closed early and we drove home i was about to alight from the car when he called me Fatima am damn serious he said, i really do have feelings for you i love you he added.

I laughed and said you are kidding no you definitely are, he smiled and said Fatima look at me am serious i love you, i ran out of the car to my room, after that day of his confessed love to me i have been thinking, i woke up quite late, i wanted to keep my mind occupied because i have been thinking lately about everything my relationship with Abbas we started as inmate and now we are making progress he said he loves me do i really love him do i want this marriage to work am i doing the right thing is this what i want all this kept running through my mind and many more.

I decided to sanitize the house i cleaned till i was satisfied and the thought on mind was trying a new recipe i was preparing dinner when Abbas walked in, he said Salam alaikum i looked at him and respond to his Salam what's this sweet aroma what are you cooking he asked smiling, i sighed and said food just go shower and come down stairs, he was teasing and making funny move on seeing what i was cooking i stood my ground and sent him upstairs he left and said he will be back soon i shook  my head and continue what i was doing Abbas came down food was ready i served both of us while eating he said he needs to talk to me maybe over a movie, i laughed and said okay we were through i cleared the plate and was curious on what he wants to tell me.

We both sat on the sofa to watch an American movie named "The wedding year" i was engrossed in the movie when Abbas tap my shoulder and said i was calling your attention to discuss something with you, your attention isn't here he said i apologized and turn to him.

He sighed and said i need to switch off the TV, i said no you don't need that am listening seriously my attention is with you he disagreed, he wants to take the remote i stood up and took the remote beating him to it he demands for the remote i shrugged and said no you won't have it, we both struggle for the remote which he successfully snatch from me he grinned and said yes before switching off the TV i groaned and said okay what is it Fatima why are you distant from me i replied distant how like we don't chat much we just eat and go to bed that's how it's been lately he added, i sighed i won't lie to you Abbas i have to be sincere with you i have been thinking lately he sighed and said thinking about what Fatima i released some breath and said okay Abbas it's not that i don't like what is going on between us its just that before we got married we didn't have enough time to date or do lot of relationship stuff to know more about ourselves, you know what i can't explain everything right now my mind is trying to process everything but seriously i love what's going on between us after the accident you became caring loving, you opening up to me and letting me know how you feel is a huge step but am human Abbas i don't know if am ready to trust you, i don't know if the love you said you have for me is out of pity or genuine since we got married i never asked for a divorce because i felt this marriage can work out and i guess this is it working but Abbas i think i need space to think everything and get my facts right.

We could keep talking and enjoying the moment but for now i don't think am ready to accept this new feeling i added, Abbas sighed and said Fatima i quite understand you know this marriage is arranged i didnt liked the idea at first to be very honest but now am ready to accept this new feeling my love for you Fatima is genuine not out of pity or anything, i had loved you since before the accident but i  just couldn't accept the fact the accident was just an opportunity for me to realise what i felt was real and now am ready i want us to progress more to the stage where i get to propose to you all over again even if all of our family members isn't there Khalifa and his wife will be here to celebrate with us, i will give you all the space you want all i need is a respond but promise me Fatima i looked at him and said i promise to give you my response.

Baban en biyu: is a Hausa word that means father of twins.

Don't forget to comment, and vote for this chapter by clicking on the 🌟 star button below thanks as u do so.

© Haleermarh Sansa