Chapter Seven

Friday is here, the long awaited day we plan to take off, i called my brother to inform him he said he saw my text and he was really busy that's why i didn't see his reply, he prayed for me and wished me safe trips, my mom cook lots and lots of food.

At exactly 2pm my dad came back home and asked i prepare on time so he would take me to the airport, he asked of Zahra i replied she is on her way, he said okay the earlier the better because am travelling to Bauchi today so be fast about it.

My mom started crying saying she will miss me, my sibling were saying they want to follow me my dad told my mum they should all stay behind, he cant withstand the emotional breakdown my mom would pull at the airport and secondly he would be going to Bauchi immediately our plane take off, he said dear she's not yet going to her husband house, she's going back to school and you didn't cry when she was going the first time why now, she smiled and said you won't understand, my dad told my siblings if they focus on their studies they will come and meet me over there.

They were happy, i hugged and bid them good bye, my mom prayed for me and told me once you land or get settled call me okay i replied yes Ummi i will call you, i waved at them till dad drove out of the house to the airport.

I met Zahra at the airport, while on the plane, Zahra told me her tales on how her mom has been crying, and moody a day before she left, and today that she's leaving, she wept so hard because of her cry, my dad told her mum not to follow us to the airport, i was laughing she said its not funny, i said sorry she was about to cry.

I was puzzled on why she wants to cry, i asked her what happen she said i miss her, i said cheer up just a little longer, be patient, all this stress and struggle of school will soon be over, so yes you said you have gist for me so start spilling it out she laughed and said i meet him, i laughed him who? she said you know now my lover, i screamed forgetting we arent alone, everyone kept looking at me, the steward asked me are you okay mam, i replied yes i am, she nodded and left.

I looked at Zahra and said am so sorry, am all ears please give me the details, she said he's my secondary school classmate i had a crush on him during our secondary school days and then we met again at a mall in Kano, we started chatting from there, at one point in time he told me he has feeling for me in to cut the long story short i accepted and now we are dating.

I questioned her further what's his name, what's his qualification, describe him for me, i can't wait for the wedding she was blushing Fati don't kill me with your questions at least one at a time.

His name is Ahmad, he's a graduate, hes quite comfortable, he came to Kano for a contract when we met again, when you meet him you will know him more, i won't tell you anything again, all through our ride i kept  teasing and disturbing her.

Halimat Sansa