Chapter Twenty-Two

Abba's P. O. V.

After my confession to Fatima i pray to Allah for forgiveness i want to become a better and changed person, i kept showing care love and attention which i know she's still surprised, it wasn't easy at first all the old feelings of love which i once ignored came back and seems strange/new to me, our relationship isn't sour we talk and joke sometimes i called my dad to greet him it's being a while, we discussed about everything and everyone he asked of my wife which he also ask of her health and i should extend his regards to her i rest assured him that i will deliver his message i end the call.

I stood and told my secretary to clear my schedule for today i will attend to the remaining one's tomorrow, we were on our way home from the hospital when i got a call from Khalifa saying i should swing by his house it's urgent, i dropped Fatima at home and told her am going to Khalifas place, i drove to his place when i got there i greet his wife she said Khalifa is upstairs she kept smiling i went upstairs immediately he saw me he hugged me i was amused then i ask Khalifa before i could ask he cut me short Abbas i have good news, okay i said Alhamdulillah Abbas my wife is pregnant are you serious i ask he said yes i said Alhamdulillah

Alhamdulillah Khalifa am so happy for you we both hugged again then i could place the smile on Khalifas wife face when she opened the door, i sat Khalifa so he can explain how he discovered that his wife was pregnant he smiled and said i came back home from work, we both ate and retire to the bed I went to the wardrobe to get my joggers then i felt something dropped i checked to know what it was, it was a box i looked at the box we never keep box in our closet i called her and she kept smiling and said i open it, i open it to see a pregnancy test with the paper confirmation i won't lie to you Abbas i felt ecstatic.

Congratulations man look who's about to become a daddy i said, he smiled and said thanks man secondly before i forget our friends called they said we abandon them i sighed and said a lot has been going on that's why we both laughed and he ask how's your wife i smiled and said she's good wait what's with the smile he asked, i looked at him and said did i smile he glared at me no you just jumped come on tell me man i explained everything to him he said are you for real or are you using this to test emotions or let me rephrase it reawaken your feelings, no Khalifa for the first time in my life i feel peace and some spark whenever am close to her i said, there are still some feelings i can't describe secondly am working hard to gain her forgiveness love and trust i added  he pats me at the back and said am happy for you brother may Allah make this happiness a forever one we both said Amin.

I ask him to give a minute to call Fatima because i left in a hurry telling her it's urgent as you said he said okay, i called and the network kept saying line busy she's on another call who's she talking to while pondering she called me back we talked before she bade me, i end the call i was grinning from ear to ear when i heard someone sighing i looked up it was Khalifa he said my friend is in love, one minute don turn 45 minute i glared at him and said get out.

I ask him to call his wife so i could congratulate her he stood up and left they both walked in, i prayed and congratulate her i told them the good news of Fatima walking without any aid they were both happy for her, Amrah even queried me for not coming along with her of which i promise we would both come together next time i told her to blame her husband for saying its urgent we were talking about babies name when Zahra call came in i picked and after exchanging pleasantries as usual she started threatening and asking series of question and she told me she just finish conversing with my wife, she also reminds me of her wedding and instruct i make sure my wife comes earlier before the time.