VHS TAPE [JIKOOK]

Start from the beginning

He continued to laugh, his dark chuckles sending shivers down my spine. I could feel a certain wetness on my cheeks (and in my pants) that I swore had become frozen solid due to the chills.

It was all Taehyung's fault.

"I HATE YOU, TAE!" I yelled, "WHEN I DIE, I SWEAR I WILL HAUNT YOU! I REPEAT, I SWEAR I WILL HAUNT YOU!"

I squeezed my eyes shut and continued to curse Taehyung for giving me that tape while I eagerly awaited my demise, but it never came.

"I SWEAR I WILL HAUNT-huh?"

He grunted and squirmed, trying to wriggle his way out through the television screen, but he was unsuccessful.

A few tears rolled down his face for a minute before he began to sob loudly.

"I'm stuck!" he wailed.

I knew he was scary and about to kill me, but I couldn't bear to see him in such a state.

"Think, Jungkook. Think!" I mumbled to myself.

In the end, I chose to help him out.

"W-wait! Please don't cry..." I said.

He looked up at me and sniffled. "I'm a useless ghost! I haven't figured out how to get myself to fully pass through objects, and that's what all ghosts are supposed to be good at! I'm a failure!"

For a moment, I could feel my heart breaking a little. Poor thing.

"Hey, it's alright. Not all of us are supposed to be good at every single thing. Would you like me to help you?" I offered.

The ghost sniffled and nodded. "Yes, please."

I held his hands in mine, surprised that I could actually feel them and grab them, for ghost hands would usually pass through human hands instead.

"Okay, I'm going to pull you out on the count of three. One, two, THREE!" I yanked on his hands with full force, sending the two of us flying backwards.

"You got me out of there!" he cheered and clapped.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," he whispered, "I was just doing my job. But I don't want to do it, it makes me feel bad."

"So...you never really wanted to scare me in the first place?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm lonely and I just want friends...I don't want to be mean and make people scared of me!" he pouted.

He's cute, I thought.

"I...I'll be your friend if you want me to." I said.

"Really?" he squealed.

I nodded. "My name's Jungkook, I'm twenty-two years old. And you?"

"I'm Jimin, and I'm your hyung! I'm twenty-four!" he said in his angelic voice, making me giggle.

*

Months had passed, and before I knew it, I was in love with Jimin.

He was cute and perfect, and he was surely going to be mine one day.

Silently thanking Taehyung for the tape, I stared at Jimin dreamily as he chatted with me about his life as a human.

Noticing the dreamy look in my eyes, he waved a hand in front of my face. "Jungkook-ah? Are you okay?"

I immediately snapped out of my trance. "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay, I just zoned out a bit. It happens to me a lot."

Jimin flashed me his adorable eye smile and continued to talk.

*

"Jiminie-hyung?" I gulped.

"Yes, Jungkookie?" he asked.

"I know I'm not good at speeches or confessions, but I have really wanted to tell you how much I love you."

"Oh, Jungkookie..." he gasped, "I feel the same way, sweetheart."

"You really do? I—"

Jimin immediately cut me off by planting a kiss upon my lips. I could feel that we were destined to be together as our lips connected perfectly like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

Now, our relationship has gotten so much easier after my sudden death.

I was involved in a car accident a month ago and suffered a terrible injury to my skull, which I succumbed to after a week of being in the hospital.

I'm dead and I am upset the fact that I had no future, but now I am with my true love, and that's all that matters to me right now, because the dead don't worry about most things that the living worry about.

I am happy, and that's all that matters to me.

***

A/N : I've got exams and stuff coming up next month and I'm sad :(