HUSBAND [VKOOK]

Fairy!Taehyung x Half-demon!Jungkook

Based on a comic by arincie_ on Instagram.
I hope you enjoy this cute one-shot! :3

During his time in the Moonsoul University for the Supernatural Folk, Kim Taehyung never expected to fall for one of his juniors, a demon half-breed named Jeon Jungkook.

Every time Jungkook passed by Taehyung in the halls, the fairy would feel his wings fluttering faster than usual while a crimson blush would stain his entire face. Even a mere thought of the half-breed would cause Taehyung to get so flustered that he would shrink down to fairy size and fly away somewhere to distract himself from those thoughts.

At that's exactly what he was doing at the moment — flying away to distract himself. And he had decided to fly to his older brother's room in a tree trunk.

*

"Seokjin-hyung!"

"Tae-Tae, you're here!" said the older fairy, giving Taehyung a hug.

"Yes, hyung..."

"It's about Jungkook, isn't it?"

Taehyung's face had now taken on a darker shade of red than before.

"Yeah, I guess. By the way, where's your roommate?"

"Ah, he's here! Hoseok-ah, look who's here to meet you!"

A boy poked his head out of the bedroom and smiled widely, displaying his large incisors while his lips resembled a little heart. A pair of fuzzy brown ears peeked out from his bright red locks, and he had a large, bushy tail — a telltale sign that he was a squirrel hybrid.

Hoseok squeaked happily and gave Taehyung a hug.

"Oh, hyung! It's so good to see you! Did you miss me?"

The hybrid squeaked and chattered in response.

Hoseok wasn't capable of communicating using normal speech, just like other hybrids. Being a squirrel hybrid meant he could only produce squirrel noises and nothing else, but he could understand normal speech.

Since Seokjin and Taehyung were nature fairies, they could understand Hoseok's chattering, making it easier for them to communicate with the squirrel hybrid without much of a problem.

"Well, I missed you even more, Hobi-hyung." said Taehyung.

"Yah! Taehyung-ah, don't you already have a crush to confess to? Or are you actually in love with Hobi instead?" yelled Seokjin.

"Oh, right. Hyung, what do I do? How do I confess to Jungkook?"

Hoseok squeaked before scurrying off into his bedroom. A few seconds later, he returned with a flower crown in his hands.

"Ah, you're such a smart boy, Hobi!" praised Seokjin, petting Hoseok behind the ears.

The squirrel hybrid blushed.

"Whenever supernatural beings that are associated with nature — like us — wish to confess their feelings for someone, they give their loved ones flower crowns like this one." explained Seokjin.

"Woah! I should give this to Jungkook? It's so pretty! Thank you so much, Seokjin-hyung!" gasped Taehyung.

"You should thank Hobi instead, he made this." said Seokjin.

Taehyung turned to Hoseok and gave him a hug. "You're the best, Hobi-hyung!"

Hoseok chattered in response.

Taehyung hopped out of the tree trunk and grew back to his human height.

"Good luck, Tae-Tae." said Seokjin, flying towards Taehyung and booping his nose.

Hoseok nuzzled his head into Taehyung's fingers.

"Thank you so much, hyungs. I don't know what I would do without you."

*

Taehyung paced around the garden nervously, holding the flower crown in his hand. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as his mind was filled with scary thoughts about Jungkook's reaction to his confession.

After what seemed like five minutes of pacing around the garden, he stopped and lightly slapped himself on the face.

"Come on, Kim Taehyung," he snarled at himself, "Quit thinking such negative thoughts, it's not going to do you any good!"

"Hey, hyung. Do you need help with anything?"

That voice.

"J-jungkook-ah?"

"Yeah, I heard you talking to yourself about negative thoughts. Are you okay? Do you want me to help you with anything?"

Taehyung sheepishly looked down at the flower crown in his hand, and then looked at Jungkook.

He took a deep breath and spoke.

"Jungkookie, I've had a crush on you for a long time. Will you...um...be my boyfriend?"

There was silence for a few seconds.

With a straight face, Jungkook immediately replied, "No."

No.

Taehyung's blood ran cold.

Holding back tears, he shrank down to his fairy height and flew away as fast as his wings could carry him, dropping the flower crown in the process.

He paid no attention to his surroundings, and he eventually sat down on a leaf before sobbing his heart out.

Just then, he heard the rustling of other leaves nearby.

He turned around, only to come face-to-face with Jungkook.

The half-demon smiled at the tiny fairy on the leaf and said, "Hey, why did you run away from me? I'm not done yet."

The fairy looked up at Jungkook with large, teary eyes. "What do you mean?" he sniffled.

"Hyung, I don't want to be your boyfriend. I want to be your husband."

Taehyung gasped. "You...really mean it, Jungkook-ah?"

"Yes, hyung. I do."

Taehyung let out a cry of happiness and nuzzled his head into Jungkook's cheek.

"Thank you!" he squealed, causing Jungkook to chuckle.

***

A/N : That comic was really cute, arincie_ has a really unique art style. I used to have Instagram but I deleted my account, but I can still view pictures posted by public accounts through my browser and this comic came up when I was looking for inspiration to write a Vkook one-shot.
I really want to be like Tae-Tae in this one-shot, I want to be able to shrink in size and get all the cuddles in the world...being small seems like a nice feeling :3
I'm already very smol (I'm 5'2", I'm quite short for my age) and I would like to be even smaller :3
I would like to sit on my loved one's shoulders or palms and cuddle forever even though I'm a single pringle at the moment hehehehe :3