THE MERMAN [YOONMIN]

Merman!Jimin x Yoongi

Edited ✔️

A loud screech could be heard as I rowed the canoe towards the other side of the lake.

It sent shivers down my spine. I scanned my surroundings cautiously, breathing heavily.

I had never felt so scared in my life.

I waited for a couple of minutes, taking a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

There was complete silence.

Once I was assured that I was safe, I let out a big sigh of relief and continued to row the canoe.

Suddenly, there was a loud splash and a thud. I jumped, terrified. Something had joined me in the boat.

I stared at it-no, HIM in awe. His silver hair, the translucent webs between his clawed fingers and his shimmering black tail.

In other words, he was a merman.

He let out a hiss and turned to face me. I could see hatred and anger in his glowing green orbs.

I tried to scoot back to avoid him coming close, but he grabbed me by the front strap of my life jacket and hissed, baring his sharp teeth.

"Human," he growled.

"What's wrong with humans?" I asked.

"They bring destruction to the home of the merfolk. They killed my entire family last year."

"Are there other mermen like you who still inhabit this lake?"

"No. All the other mermen were hunted down by humans. I have no one to keep me company."

Poor thing. I reached out to stroke his hair so that I could comfort him, but he hissed and grabbed my wrist.

"You are here to kill me, aren't you, human?"

"No, no! I had no idea the merfolk inhabited this lake!"

"Liar! Don't play dumb with me!"

"No, I swear I mean no harm! You can search my canoe, I don't have any hunting equipment!"

The merman growled. Knowing that he wouldn't believe me when I told him, I reached for my backpack and showed him the contents.

He rummaged through the backpack, only to find my phone, a sandwich, a bottle of water and a first aid kit.

"Now do you believe me?" I said.

The merman sighed. "Yes."

"And when you told me that you lost your family, I felt bad for you and I wanted to comfort you."

"You wanted to...comfort me?"

I nodded.

"But...I thought humans were bad."

"Not all of them are bad. There are a lot of good ones."

"Oh. But don't I look scary to you?"

"Of course not! Everyone is pretty in their own way. I personally think you're stunning."

The merman blushed. "Wow. I never imagined a human saying that to me. I'm Jimin, by the way. What's your name?"

"I'm Yoongi. Pleased to meet you, Jimin."

*

After a long chat, I checked my watch.

"Oh, dear! It's almost sunset and I'm supposed to be back home! I'm sorry, Jimin."

"Oh, that's perfectly alright. Will you be back tomorrow?"

"I live on the other side of the lake, so that makes things a lot easier for us. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Yoongi." said Jimin, pushing himself out of the canoe and diving into the water.

I couldn't wait to see him again.

*

It's been a few months since Jimin and I met. He's a great guy and I'm glad to see that his views on humans have changed.

Every time I'm with him, my heart races. His emerald green orbs, his perfectly sculpted face, his shimmering black tail - everything about him - is so perfect.

I would love to see his hand in mine, our lips connecting as we share a slow and passionate kiss.

I was outside, walking towards the lake - as usual - to meet Jimin.

Suddenly I stumbled over a rock and fell into the lake.

I tried to get myself out, but a sharp pain in my legs was keeping me from doing so.

I stared at my legs in shock as they transformed into eight black tentacles.

"Jimin!" I shouted.

Wait, did I just talk underwater?

I looked at my hands. My fingernails were lengthening into sharp claws and translucent webs were forming between my fingers.

"Yoongi?"

It was Jimin, who was swimming beside me.

"Jimin...what's happening to me? What on earth am I? Am I not human?"

"Yoongi, you're...a sea witch."

"A sea witch?"

"Yeah. They're part octopus and they practice magic. They're supposed to be very rare."

"It's gonna be pretty hard to process."

Jimin nodded.

Just then, a lilac flame began to dance on the surface of my palm. Jimin and I stared at it in awe.

"You might need training," said Jimin, "I'm a merman, I'm not the right person to teach you how to use magic."

"Noted," I said.

There was a brief moment of silence before I decided to speak up.

"Oh, Jimin? I have something to tell you."

"Yes? What is it?"

"Uh...I think I'm...falling in love with you. And I've been in love with you since last week."

Jimin gasped.

"I know it's weird, but-"

Suddenly, Jimin cut me off by planting his lips upon mine while our hands intertwined slightly.

He pulled away after a while and said, "Yoongi, I love you too."

"Now that I just discovered that I'm sea witch, this relationship just got a lot easier." I said with a smile.

Before I knew it, we were kissing each other passionately once again.

***

A/N : In case you're wondering where this is from, I originally wrote one-shots dedicated to each member. I felt pressured to update one-shots for the other members and I ended up not being able to complete some of the books for a very long time. Since I wrote supernatural one-shots in those books, I decided to move all of them here. I hope you understand when you notice that some of my books are missing. I hope you guys understand.
I'm sorry for deleting those one-shots, but don't worry, they'll be back before you know it.