N I C O

We arrived to camp soon, and I watched as everyone ran towards Percy, asking if he was okay and all that.

Some older campers ran up to Luke and told him how much they missed him.

Leo got a greeting as well, mainly because he was the one who ran away to begin with.

No one came up to me. Not even will who had been my best friend for years (never dated in this book). I guess I really was stuck in the shadows.

Even Annabeth and people run up to her and see if she was okay. But what could I expect? It's just better this way.

After the crowd went away, w immediately went to me to see if I was okay. He always cares about others first, and that was one of the reasons I loved him.

"Yeah, I'm good. How are you handling camp?" I asked.

"A bit overwhelming, but I'm okay,"

"Thats good," I lightheartedly smiled.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hill, laughing as he did. "Percy, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I wanted to show you something I made for when I needed to escape. I promised myself I would only bring someone if I could escape with them. Only Annabeth knows about this place,"

He lead me to the woods and past it was a beach. It had white sand and clear water that splashed against our feet.

I smiled. Maybe they were right. Maybe I could get out of the shadows.