1-Doctors in abyss

❝All in toilets❞

It'd been a hectic day already. It's warm, a nice summer day.

People get dumb around the fourth with the nice weather and the amount of alcohol people tend to consume it's always kind of a nightmare.

The chattering of nurses and doctors on break could be heard in the break room. Everyone was happy that they were able to get a minute to themselves.

The hospital had another rush of incoming patients and it was barely calming down. You spent the last six hours of your shift helping patients sign in and out of the hospital. Not only that, but you also had to conduct your rounds to make sure your patients were doing okay.

To say you were relaxed in your chair while you waited for someone was an
understatement.

Your body may have been relaxed but your mind was racing with many thoughts. What if one of your patients needs you? Or what if there's an emergency but you can't help because you're relaxing. Being a nurse wasn't an easy task.

You have witnessed things that you wish you didn't have to see. You experienced unusual events too. But in the end, being a nurse had its perks.

You got to see families reunite after a rough hospital visit. You saw babies in the women's wing. Those tiny newborns are always so adorable to look at.

Speaking of which, Doctor Jake sat down across from you. You could see the tired look in his eyes and his hair. it was even more untamed than usual. It must have been a rough shift for him to look that bad.

"Rough shift?" you asked Jake. He looked up at you and allowed the sadness that he was suppressing to come out. He let out a deep sigh and nodded his head. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No... I rather not talk about it," he replied. Being both doctors is hard, is as equally challenging. There are things that just can't be prevented.

You got up from your seat and walked to the kettle.

The water was done boiling and you were now preparing two cups of tea for both Kuroo and yourself. When you returned, you handed him his cup.

He thanked you in return and the two of you enjoyed your cup of tea in silence. Until you were informed to be present in another urgent case.

The night had started like every other one, a few exhausted parents, with their cryingnchildren, a few traumas, and medical
emergencies. But it was a Sunday. God, how you hated working that day.

Parties before the weekend always ended
in only one thing. Highly intoxicated college
students, and the crowd they usually bring with them, still ready to party and have fun with their friends.

Unfortunately, alcohol doesn't always bring only fun or laughter, you learned this lesson way too early in life.

You can usually manage to push the flashbacks aside and not let them affect her during work.

However, your control slipped when a police
officer brought in two drunk men and you had had to care for their wounds - one of them had been way too eager to end the fight they had started on the streets.

He had thrown his bottle across the room, hitting the wall right next to her head and had lunged at his "friend" sending the furniture flying across the room.

The smell of whiskey, the screams, and sounds of trashing behind her back had hit way too close to home, and she had spent the rest of the night trying to control the shaking and urge to hide.

Even the memory of the night that just ended
and the instincts it awakes in her makes you
hands shake again, and she fights back the urge to vomit.

Fucking pull it together, Tatiana , this is pathetic.

You said to yourself.

So as soon as your shift had ended, you had
climbed into her battered and puttering car and started driving, leaving the noise of the awaking city behind you, instinctively heading to your place.

You got back to your apartment that evening, her body feeling physically drained. You were exhausted after an almost 12-hour shift at the hospital.

Would it always feel like this? Maybe you would get used to the pure demand of it all. You were hoping you would.

Your apartment wasn't exactly a homely place to go back to either. You wanted a bath and maybe a glass of wine after the tiring day but the hot water hadn't been fixed yet and you had no food or drink in the house. You don't usually stay in your house as much as you stay in the hospital.

Your house was just for sleep.

You sighed.

You couldn't even be bothered to take a trip down to the shop to get anything, you were just too tired.

Instead, you took a cold shower, got dressed into a wrinkled pair of pajamas from your wardrobe, and slipped into your bed that was left behind.

Well, at least it was comfortable enough. You tried to sleep. You tried with all you could but you just couldn't seem to get the relaxation you wanted.

You tossed and turned for at least an hour and as your belly rumbled, you slapped your pillow as if it were to blame. "Damn-"

Causing under yoyr breath, you noticed the screen of your phone lighting up. Grabbing it, you checked the notification you just got.

Unknown number:
I need more toilet paper.

Why? To clean yourself?