32-Pressures

In the soft white-gold light of the new day, the hues of the bedroom move from impressionist pastels to brilliant pop art.

She woke up suddenly, every thought in high definition. Her eyes take in every ray of light and without a doubt, she knows she slept too long.

Though her eyes are open she can't think of why; her heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into her carotid. she strains into the utter darkness, breathing rate beginning to steady.

As realization hitting her thoughts, her brain begins to bring back the ancient events.

He left.

He left.

She didn't have to stand up and check if he was there or not, or he was just walking around in the morning rays. After helping her to get to bed he waited for her until she fall asleep, she didn't have to worry about him being in her house, about a Stranger in her house. Because if he was to do something bad, he's do it already.

Truth to be told, jay left her asleep. He wanted to stay but he couldn't. He was sure if he stayed anymore time, she may notice the the red circles on his body. It was noticeable for the sour eyes, he was just hiding it but even so, the circles started to connect more on his body. And he couldn't wait more to the time it will stop.

"Ara, I need a 5 blade scalpel! Jake, give me a report on his blood pressure." Ara rushed o her side with 5 blade scalpel in her hands.

"His blood pressure is stable for now," Jake said holding the patient's report in his hands.
Come on, just one more push.

She pulled one of the glass fragments from the left side of his abdomen. The cut seemed rather deeper than she had anticipated.

"Jake, stitch up this side. Ara, assist me on the left one" tatiana said as shw rushed towards the left side. On this side, glass was embedded deeper down. She hated this part but at the same time, she loved to know that she was helping someone though the government was paying her for this.

I got this.

She makes an initial incision into his abdomen. The second cut she made was deeper into his abdomen. She gently pulled out another large fragment of glass.

She sighed in relief.

"Okay, it's done," she said while stitching his cuts. She smiled at this small victory.

"You did it. I don't know how you managed to save him but it looked almost impossible!" Ara said

"You did it. I don't know how you managed to save him but it looked almost impossible!" Ara said jumping up and down. She was one excited person, she had ever met. And that's what she loved about her-her carefree self. She was quite right, the cuts and incisions were deeper and nastier but nothing a doctor couldn't handle. That's what doctors were
for; to save people. At least tried to save them.

"Well, that's what we are here for" she smiled and made her way towards the washroom. She removed her gloves and mask and dumped them in the dust in. She washed her hands and then her face. She looked in the mirror and sighed in relief.

"Dr. Tatiana, congratulations. That was awesome!"

Jake said as he rushed toward herwith a small bouquet of roses, as she exited the washroom. A small smile crept on her face watching him all excited and happy.

How many times could she keep up with this facade?

"It was nothing, Jake. I couldn't be able to do it if Ara and you wouldn't be there." She said as he handed her a boquet.

"It's beautiful, Thanks," she said as she smelled roses. Well, roses weren't her favorite, but he didn't have to know.

Jake was head of the medicine department. He was a nice man with a great sense of humor. They had been working together since they graduated. They studied at the same university.

"I should be going, I still need to revise some files," she said offering him small smile, "ooh, I was wondering if we could grab some coffee." Jake said painting a sad expressions on his face.

"I sorry, I would like to go sometime too, but for now. I don't think I can, I'm sorry"

"It's okay, I guess I will be having my coffee alone then," Jake spoke reminding her to have breakfast herself witch she didn't have this morning.

Grabbing her files, she made her way towards her office. She received some calls from the head of the doctor, informing her that she will have to do another surgery this afternoon.

So no time to get any rest.

By the end of the day, Tat found herself strumbled back on her office chair for the second time and still not a single food made its way to her stomach. She could feel herself drained from any energy left, she can't do anything more.

A knocking from her door made her look at the person, it was her first fan, the nurse, Ara. "Heyy, I came here to ask you if you need something I'm actually going out to grab something to eat" Ara voiced, but Tatiana couldn't utter any word, it was over no energy left for her to talk.

"Are you okay?" Ara said as she started walking towards her, but the doctor had other plans, she welcomed the darkness with open arms.