34-Peices to pick

Peices to pick

Tatiana looked down at her pager and ran out of her office. She walked over to the incoming patient.

The patient didn't look recognizable. At least, not with all the blood covering his face. Tatiana followed the paramedics and nurses into an open hospital room and watched as they transferred the patient nto the bed. A nurse, April, was doing chest compressions.

Tatiana had personally trained April herself.
"Hello Dr. Tatiana, how nice of you to join us." Dr. Jake said in his usual upbeat voice.

"April," Jake said, nodding his head towards her. "Do we know who the patient is?"

April took another step into the room.
"According to the ID in his wallet, Kim Jeon sung  and he's 23. He's got three broken ribs, a possible Pneumothorax, and a ruptured spleen." She said from the corner of the room.

"Shit" Jake rushed over and moved April out of the way, taking over chest compressions. He was giving CPR to the boy.

"you can think of anything, or if anyone comes to see him, give me a call." Jake said to April and Ara, before turning to Tatiana.

They spent two hours straight in the ER room, getting back the patient life. Tired won't the word that could describe them all, especially Tatiana. It was after getting discharged, she made her way to work with no waste of time.

"Of course. My shift is over, andI need some sleep. It was nice to meet you." Jake left first, Tatiana watched him get on the elevator.

Turning back to her patient. " We'll see you tomorrow."

The patient nodded his head, he was tired too. "Hopefully, you will be discharge soon."

"Hopefully,"he wished for himself.

"Take care, if you need something just call for the nurse. Okay?" Tatiana instructed, whilst Jeon nodded to confirm. He was tired from all the injections and the sedatives they gave him.

Closing the door she made some notes on his
chart, Tatiana made her way to the locker room, and changed from her scrubs. Back to her jeans and black shirt grabbing her coat and backpack, making her way down to the main floor, taking the elevator.

Walking out into the cool night air, pulling her
jacket tighter, it's the beginning of March, the air is still cold.

Walking to her car, it feels like someone is
watching her. Taking a look around the parking lot, there's no one there. Climbing in her ittle red Chevy cruise, backing out of her spot. Making one stop at the store for some food, with the crazy hours she's been working there's nothing left in her fridge. But something stopped her thoughts when she saw a note on her car glass. "Watch your back"

She took the note and wrapped it in her pocket, she didn't know what was happening or who put it there.

Heading home, as she pulled into the underground parking. pulling into her spot Taking a deep breath. "It's okay. It was just a joke. You don't have to worry about anything." Getting out of her car, surveying the garage, there's no one around.

Grabbing the mace from her bag, setting it in her jeans pocket, just to be safe. Heading up with her groceries, she quickly made her way to the elevator.

She lives on the fourth floor. She's lived in the building for three years now, and loves it. "Come on you dumb thing." The doors finally opened, rushing out her apartment is at the end of the hall.

Even though she has lived here for three
years, she doesn't know any of her neighbors.
Getting her key out, once she's safely inside her apartment, she can figure out what to do with the note. Putting her groceries away she can't stop thinking about that note. Who would send that?

Putting her shopping bags back in the cupboard, going back to the living room, there isn't much to see really, even though she's been here for three years, her living space is bare.

Very few photos, a brown leather couch. TV
mounted on the wall, hardwood floors. A shelf in the corner with a few books and CD's. Blue drapes hanging off the windows. The main reason fell for the apartment, it has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city. Tatiana took her bag, sat on the couch, started going through it.

Pulling her food containers, they have to be
washed.

Not sure what to do right now. Deciding she'll call him in the morning, Tat took her dishes to the kitchen, made herself something to eat before she turns in for the night. In the middle of making some pasta, her phone started going off.

Can we meet up?

It was Jay.

She didn't actually except him to text first or talk to her first. Because she it wa she who should be doing so, she should be the one talking to him and apologizing to him, she didn't have to ask him that question the last time anyways. He was just caring for her, while all she did is pushing him out from her life. He was worrying for her life while she didn't care about it. She was the one at fault and she realized that.

When?

Tonight, if you were available.

I am, where can we meet?

Near the taejon cliff?
I will be there waiting.

Sure.