30-Inked hearts

Inked hearts

The alarm clock in Jay's room platinum-chrome sings each morning, signalling the transition from sleepy dreams to wakeful happenings

Jay watched the clock in his bathroom wall, it has been two weeks straight with him trying to recover from his injuries. Neither did he talk with Tatiana, but Niki did he always checked on her on the phone and giving her informations about the new state of Jay. She didn't need to check on him again because their doctor had come from his surgery that he had to do in Japan, to take his responsibility of Jay's health.

Tatiana wanted to check on him again as a doctor, but when Niki told her about the coming of their doctor se decided not to.

She spent days emerging herself in work, and when she got some time she would write on her journal that she got, it was not because her first journal was over full, but because she lost it. The last time she wrote in it was the day Niki called her for Jay, either way she always kept it in her bag along with her medical equipments.

Jay on the other hand was also glad that she didn't check on him, he didn't need any more his secrets to come out.

Niki walked over to the bathroom door, and knock.

"Jay?" He called softly. When Jay didn't get a response he opened the door slightly and peak into the room.

The curtain to the shower isn't pulled back all the way and though the space Jay can see him. Jay's eyes widen and his heart breaks. There he is standing there head in hands, and he can hear the soft sobs escaping his lips.

He was crying.

Frozen in spot, Niki doesn't know what to do. At any other time he would run and comfort him but he's in the shower, naked, soaking wet. Which really shouldn't matter because he is like a brother to him, and he is in pain, and he is crying. He closes the door more so only a small crack shows.

"Jay, let's eat" He call to him
making sure he hears him.

"Okay, it will be right out." He says and his
heart breaks into even more pieces after he heard his voice break. Niki walked out of the room and prepared the table waiting for him while his phone while waiting for him to come out.

Niki hears the bathroom door open and he glance up at Jay. He's wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. He quickly turns away not wanting him to see his face. Too late. He saw his red puffy eyes and his tear stained cheeks. His heart was taking it hard today.

Niki stood up quietly and walked over
to him. "You are going to be okay brother," teahyung said before offering Jay a warm hug, while patting his back.

"It's going to be okay,"

A while after, Jay sat on his bed after taking his medications. He stares at the journal with a blank face, he couldn't imagine the scenes written on the pages. It was something extremely hard and pained.

My mother killed herself.

Becoming a doctor was my mother's wish, aim gald that I could make it real.

When I had ten years old, my step dad started abusing me sexually, at that time , I couldn't make the difference between the right and the wrong, my mind didn't knew anything about it, but my body did everything felt wrong. From the touches, the words and the care.

It was wrong.

When my mom knew about it, she killed herself by slicing her wrists. That day she fought with him, I remember how the shouts and loud voices filled the house, it was like I was living in a horror book. Everything was frightening and scary.

They kept shouting and yelling at each other, he even hit her until she found herself on the flour crying alone, while saying" I couldn't protect my baby"

She kept crying and crying, her tears flow from her eyes like rain, while I watched in silence. I knew what he was doing to me is wrong, but I couldn't tell anyone about it.

The night she committed her suicide, I remember I saw mom hurting herself from the creak of the door. I heard her pained voices everytime she did.

When I decided to make my  presence known, I asked her" what are you doing mom?"

"I'm just releiving my pain sweety, go play in your room okay?"

"But mom, this is blood," I whispered to her, but she ignored my statement and said. "Go sweety, I'm gonna come and read you your favorite story, okay?"

"Okay, I will wait. But don't cry mom. Please"

"I won't" that was her last words to me and all I remember after that night is that she never came and told me my favorite story.

She  never came back.

She never came back.

Leaning on the mattress of the bed, Jay read these words over and over, he knew something he shouldn't know about.  It was something personal. He shouldn't have read any word written there. He never imagined that the same doctor who saving lives out there was someone who lived and still live in the dark. He couldn't stand the images that painted his mind of a young girl being abused and harrased by her stepfather.

Death is better than living the vivid images inside his head right now.

Closing the journal, deciding to not read any more of it. He couldn't anyways. But he was sure that he should give it back.

He regreted touching it.

Ns thanks for all the wishes I got tdy for my birthday ♡