14-Enigma

There is no Wifi in hell.

The drunk Jay smirked seeing the your last text. It was interesting and amusing texting you.

He never laid his eyes on a women like he did to you. There was something special about you. Specially after confessing that you cut yourself. You didn't really confess, but it was obvious, if it was your blood. But even so, he won't leave it there.

And moreover. You were a doctor, or a nurse. He couldn't undestand not accept the fact that someone who saves lives, was trying to end his.

It was interesting.

And he will not let it go. He will not let you go.

Not mentioning the fact he never saw you before, while you did. At least you know his face.

It was dark outside, and the room was lit
only by a lamp in the corner of the room.

Jay sighed and placed his glass of whiskey back on the coffee table.

The apartment he was living in was small, and he liked it like that, even if it meant that in the living room, he could barely stretch his legs. He leaned back into the small sofa and lifted his phone, scrolling up the screen.

His money would start to run out in a few months. He would have had enough to last him forever, if he didn't spend so much on alcohol and cigarettes.

Getting to his feet, jay stretched, enjoying the feeling of the alcohol numbing his senses.

With a groan, he sank onto his bed, on top
of the covers and closed his eyes. Sleep
wouldn't come easily, he knew that, but he
always tried, anyway. An hour later, and the alcohol had worn off but Jay still couldn't sleep.

He got back to his feet and stumbled back
to the living room. He dropped onto the sofa, and like he did every night, he grabbed the bottle of whiskey.

Jay groaned as his sleep was disturbed by the shrill ringing of his phone. He rolled to his side and off of the sofa, landing on a wet patch of carpet where he had obviously dropped the bottle of whiskey before he went to sleep.

Muttering about the wasted liquid, he sat
back on his legs and picked up his phone.
"Kai " He grumbled after lifting the phone to his ear, "You woke me up,"

"It's already midday Jay," Came the reply, "You should have already gotten up"

Jay grunted in reply and stood up,
stretching his muscles. He then sat down on the sofa and reached down, picking up the discarded bottle, happy to see that there was some of the liquid.

"We have a mission jay. Get ready" kai's voice interpreted his drinking.

"Finally! I'm so sick of sitting at home" Jay said feeling happiness filling him, after a long time. "But what about my identity?"

"Don't worry we've got everything set up, you have from now on another identity. With the name of John Bryan, all with new informations about your life" kai explained from the other line.

"John Bryan" Jay tested his nee name on his lips, which he found weird to go with.

"We should meet up today, to discuss the plan" Kai said making Jay nod in anticipation "okay, meet up at the same place"

"Y-yes, I'll-"

Jay ended the call, not letting kai ending his words, before he start repeating the same senario all over again , as he walked leisurely to the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. His mind was in shreds steam filling the room as he cut the shower on.

he  strips down and step slowly into the tub, turning the water on high and letting it beat over his  head in steamy rivulets. Closing his  eyes to the water as the heat soaks into his skin, he leans  against the cool tiles as his weak legs threaten to buckle.

The shower curtain is ripped back and he  don't even flinch, engrossed as he was with the water cascading down his  body and massaging muscles long past cramped.

Whenever Jay is stressed he goes to kai's club and is still for a time, letting the feelings of fear washed by the water down his body.

He closed his eyes feeling the hot water hitting his shoulders  and took a deep  breath.

There was a new life coming for him, it was the same but now with different identity. But something never left his mind, or rather someone.

You.

You were an enigma that he wanted to solve in any way he could find.