✂️BARBECUE✂️

"You really can't have a picnic or a barbecue without devilled eggs" Peg said as they were all busy about preparing the coming meeting "They're just the best

"You really can't have a picnic or a barbecue without devilled eggs" Peg said as they were all busy about preparing the coming meeting "They're just the best. They make a thing." Katie and Edward were helping her, meanwhile Bill prepared chairs and tables on garden. Kevin was propably as always at Max, but Katie didn't minded, neither did Peg, as they had Edward, who was like a two people for help. Peg took her part with deviled eggs, Katie with different canapes and Edward with lettuce and other vegetables. "Mom, look" Katie warmly laughed "Edward chopped the whole thing!" Peg smiled, preparing it in bowls "Very well."

Katie wanted turn back to her canapes with tomatoes, but she noticed something bleeding on Edward's face and he seemed way scared from that. "Edward, don't worry, it's just a nick" Katie gently said, wiping it away. "There's no need to be nervous, dear" Peg joined "Esmeralda won't be here. And the rest of the neighbours, they're really very nice. They're so eager to meet you!" Edward seemed to trust it, but he was confused from sad look on Katie as her mother said that so. "Right, Katie?" Peg said as she noticed the same. "Yes, sure" Katie quickly replied, looking over Edward "You just have to be yourself."

"Myself?" Edward repeated. "That's right. Just your own sweet self, we all admire" Katie added, giving him a smaller smile. As they were finished, Peg and Katie headed in their bedrooms to get dressed. Peg was in a minute and already went outside greet first guests. There been at least half of town! Edward was waiting in house for a while, excepting Katie, but she wasn't coming, so he got dragged by Bill outside to meet few from the townspeople. The truth was Katie didn't wanted to come. She didn't wanted be centre of gossips by Joyce and her ladies group. They all thought she was odd for her love for books and not being any extrovert.

Sadly that's how it worked in smaller towns and by age, Katie wasn't any comfortable with it and actually was worried. But she kept in mind poor Edward against all of them. She had to go, just for him and making sure he's alright and none of them behaving bad. She had no hopes there wouldn't be someone to make fun of him for his scissors or look. She sighed, dressing on of her best dress, the lightly purple one, adding slippers in ballerina style. She looked just like some princess from many of her fairytales, although she didn't saw herself that way.

Meanwhile Katie was slowly heading her way out, Edward was studying the people around. They did actually behaved kind of nice, better said it would be much worse. "Hey! Play scissors, paper, stone with us!" Kevin said as he walked over him with few of his friends. "Play scissors what?" Edward asked, confused, but before he would get his answer, he was grabbed from behind by a little overweight man "I got a doctor friend might be able to help you." Edward panically turned away from him as Peg came to save him with Katie's canapes.

"Are you okey? Do you want something to eat? Are you hungry?" she asked him "Do you want a cracker?" Edward nodded as he was little starving, but all what he really cared about was Katie. He was looking for her between all these kids and people, but she was nowhere. "Where is Katie?" he asked with worried voice. "Katie..? I don't know..you know she doesn't really like these parties, but she will definitely come" Peg explained, walking away as she got called by one of her friends. He was feeling so hopeless and pointless between all of them without her. He would mostly like to just return to the house and find her. They both would feel much better alone together with some good book than this all.