fourty eight

Elle McBriar
June 1st, 1 year and 190 days since the first zombie report

A light was turned on and I felt Paxtons hans comfortingly rub my back.

"This is gross, you don't wanna see this." I mumbled through pants, leaning over the toilet seat.

"Hey- til death do us part right?"

I gripped the bowl with my hand and leaned against the cold tile, wiping my mouth with toilet paper.

"Um honey- should I be concerned that you're throwing up blood? That's not normal." Paxton began freaking out as I looked into the toilet.

I stayed quiet, bringing an index finger to my dry lips and pulling them away, seeing a small patch of blood on my finger.

He sat down next to me, I leaned my head on his shoulder, "Are you okay?" He whispered. I shook my head.

No. I'm not okay.

"You weren't actually going to pull the trigger on yourself today... right?"

I still didn't reply to him.

"Elle.." His face had a horrified look on them, "Elle no. No y-you can't think like that. You can't leave me." He pouted and I felt bad as a tear dripped down his cheek.

I wiped it away with my thumb before
placing my hand on my stomach.

"I'm so sick of this, Pax."
"Sick of what?"

"Living."

Silence dropped around us and the air stilled. Paxton knew how I felt and he still convinced me that life is better than death.

I felt my stomach grumble again and I groaned, "I think it's the one too many punches to my stomach." I sighed, hurling out my stomach again.

It felt like my stomach lining had teared off and all that's left is acid.

"Come on, let's get to bed." Paxton smiled tiredly. He grabbed my hand and put his other one on my back, standing me
up carefully.

"You'll be fine once you get some fluids in you. We just have to take it easy for the next couple days."

* * *

Talking about taking it easy...

I hadn't moved from this bed for at least a day. Unless I had to pee.

Neither had Paxton really.

We kind of just slept, sat in bed and talked, or drew designs to our wedding.

I'm kind of bored.

"How's your hand?" He asked, nodding to the bandage wrapped tightly around my
wrist. I shrugged, "It's fine. How's your head?"

He shrugged, "It's fine."

I finished sketching the flower design on the paper and showed Pax. He smiled, "That looks beautiful babe. I wish we could do it, I really do."

I had drawn it from a 3D angle. The alter, the drapes, the flowers, chairs, food, cake, reception...

I had dreamed of a beautiful wedding. But as long as I get to marry Paxton, I'm fine.

"Okay, I'm thinking June 12th. It's easy, it's quick, and it's not far away." I smiled, suddenly excited. He shrugged, "Sure. Why not."

He kissed my shoulder before rolling out of bed.

When he left the bed, the blanket fell off my body, exposing my naked thighs.

My body was covered in only a t-shirt and panties.