Ice Chapter 6: Blue Moon Mountains

Sorry for the late update!!

~~~~~~~~~~

"MMPH!" My eyes snap open as a hand slams into my mouth. I jolt and another arm slams my shoulder into the ground, keeping me pinned.

"SHH!" The Prince hisses from above me, the blue glow illuminating his stoic features.

It was just a few hours before morning. The fires had died to warm coals, leaving the land to be illuminated by the pale blue of the moon.

"Follow me." He whispers, releasing my mouth and gracefully, as if he was floating, making his way towards the entrance of our little stone area.

I rise up on my elbows, the action shooting pain throughout, confusion holding my features. Carefully, I wiggle out from under six-year-old Matthew and Leila, gently placing them down on their bed-mats and stepping over them.

The Prince signals to follow with his head before disappearing around the trees that made up the entrance. I follow silently, the light of the moon my only guide.

"This way." I hear his voice quietly in the distance. "Follow the Rock wall."

As my eyes scramble to adjust to the darkness in the trees, my fingers touch the cool wall and slowly, I begin to make my way up the hill, following the tall natural wall.

The trees begin clearing the higher we go up. Suddenly, we were at the top of the cliff. I gasp at the sheer beauty. We were at the top of the first mountain in the range. The full moon shined brightly above us, illuminating the mountains to a deep-sea blue and snow onto to a brilliant shimmer silver blue. I lean over the edge, peering down as the edge falls and falls and falls for thousands of feet. At the bottom of the valley was a thin river, gleaming like a sapphire.

A smile takes my lips as the breeze passes by and I close my eyes. This is peace.

I open my eyes to find the Prince studying me, his eyes black but emotionless.

He turns back to the open valley below, gazing over the many mountains ahead. "This passage, and the natural rock wall that shields us tonight were used by millions of travelers. He gazes towards the tip of the tall natural rock wall, where we both knew, at the bottom the orphans are sleeping at. "It's natural walls sculpted by voyagers craving to see the beauty of the Blue Moon Mountains.

I look back across the mountains that did seem to glow blue. My hair waves behind me as another cool mountain breeze rushes up the mountainside. "What can I help you with, your Highness?" My eyes catch his, his silver emotionless eyes that held so many secrets within.

The Prince takes a few steps back from the ledge, sitting upon a large rock closer to the forest.

"Strip." One command.

I blink a few times, "Excuse me?"

"Strip," he repeats nonchalantly. My wide eyes hold his. He blinks. One second, two seconds.

"Oh geezus! Not like that!" He looks away, as if embarrassed. "I meant take off your blanket and shoes!" He growls.

"It'd help if you'd be more specific!" I snap, my anger trying to unsuccessfully hide my embarrassment.

He glares upon me and I quickly shut up. Hesitantly, I drop the blanket. His eyes alight with lust as those black depths sharpen.

I tense, my animal-instincts igniting from the predator in front of me.

With a strength I didn't know I possessed, I glide over to the stone across the Prince, sit, remove my shoes, and then watch him.

He remained frozen, his eyes pinned upon me. It was as if he was fighting an internal battle.