Day 112

Monday, July 27, 2020

~~~

No matter what they do, someone should hold no say over another's choices or actions.

Like parents.

Yeah they house you, pay for things for you, and cook food for you, but that doesn't mean they have a right to order you about like a little puppet or invade your privacy.

When they decided to have a kid and take of them and raise them, they decided they would feed you, house you, do all those things for the kid. That's what it is to be a parent. The "reward" you get for being a parent is watching your child become their own person and live their own life. Not invading their privacy, not forcing them to do stuff they said they don't want to do, not nosing your way into every corner of their life.

If I say I want to stay up in my room and write, then my parents have no right to tell me that I have to go outside and take a walk with them. 

If I'm texting a friend, they have no right to take my phone and read through my messages.

If I say I don't want to go for a picnic out at a park because I'm not feeling up to it, then I don't want to go and shouldn't be forced to go through guilting and threats.

There are reasons I hide my phone from my parents when I'm on it, there are reasons I insisted on knocking on doors, there are reasons I'm so annoyed all the time at my family when we go out.

Gods, I want to get away from them. I love them, but all the guilting to make me do stuff really makes my mind a chaotic mess of hating myself or hating them.

Because maybe I'm over reacting, maybe they're right.

But on the other hand, how dare they pull the "I pay for you so do as I say" card when that's exactly what they signed up to do when they had me.

It's hard enough in my mind, I hate when they do that kind of stuff because it just adds fuel to the battlefield my mind is.

Stay safe kiddos and remember to take any medication on time!

I love you all <3<3<3

~Ink