Chapter 9

My BAD BOY in LOVE

CHAPTER 9

Arthur:

I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I feeling the sudden urge to punch the life outta my best friend? He is just talking to Caitlyn. Actually, they got comfortable with each other too early for my liking. But, this shouldn't bother me. Then, why is it bothering me so much?

I saw Mrs. Santon join Custer and Meow. I went there just out of curiosity, Meow and Custer were confused and Mrs. Santon was grinning. When I went there, they were still confused and Meow collapsed on a stool. Mrs. Santon was talking, when Meow announced something and left. Me and Custer were too buzy listening to Mrs. Santon that we hardly paid attention to Meow.

I was so happy after listening to Mrs. Santon. I wanted to inform Meow by myself. So, I told Custer to shut his mouth about the news.

Custer left us soon. When, I finished my conversation with Mrs. Santon, I saw Custer pulling Meow close to him. Above all, they were smiling at each other. I had to clench my fist to stop myself from tearing them apart. I sat on the first stool that I could reach.

I paid no attention to a bimbo on my lap. My complete attention was on Meow and Custer, and their hands on each other. I know Custer wants Meow. Anyone who looks at the way he looks at her can say that. But, that doesn't seem like a problem. Custer doesn't just want her in his bed. I feel like he wants something more than that. Like fuck, I'm going to allow that.

She moved her eyes away from Custer's and let it wander around. Then,her gaze stopped on me and she looked at the bimbo on my lap. I saw her expression change to fowl, then she looked back at Custer and smiled. I couldn't take it anymore. Them, smiling at each other was getting under my nerves.

I have to do something, anything. I never felt like this for any girl. No girl managed to get under my skin. But Meow, she always manages. From the first day we met, years ago. She was always on my mind and probably in my heart too.

Fuck! I'm fucked up. Completely fucked up. I sound like a teenage girl.

"Get off me." I growled at the girl on my lap, making no effort to keep my voice calm. I was feeling furious and have no intention of hiding it.

"Ohh, I'm sorry Arthur. Did I do something wrong?" She battered her eyelashes at me.

"Just get off me." I glared daggers at her. She finally understood, it's better to get off me and obeyed.

I stalked towards the couple of my attention, while trying to calm my breath. "May I have this dance, please." I almost whispered, pressing my front to Meow's back making her gasp.

Custer looked at my like I annoyed the fuck out of him, but smiled at me. "Sure, dude." He patted my shoulder. "I hope we can dance again soon." He whispered in to Caitlyn's ear and walked away with a wink in her direction. If I wasn't furious by now, I was definitely by his this act.

I turned Meow to face me and looked at her blushing face. He made her blush? That bastard! "Seemed like, you were enjoying the dance." I wanted to keep my tone teasing, but it came out cold and emotionless, making her frown at me.

To make it up, I let out a nervous chuckle. She just looked at me. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. For some reason, I wanted her close to me and being close to her calmed my nerves in an instant. She responded to my touch by wrapping her arms around my neck.

I felt insecure, they were wrapped around each other the same way few minutes ago. To feel good, I have to do something different. I followed my instincts and claimed her lips with mine. She didn't reacted instantly. But, she started kissing me back in few seconds. I pulled her closer to me, if that is possible. I needed her as close as possible to me.

I heard wolf whistles and pulled back when we were out of breath, cursing the need to breathe. I pressed my forehead against her, trying to catch my breath. A grin took it's way on my face, when I saw her cheeks turn crimson. I never saw her blush so hard and I'm proud of myself. Her gaze was dropped and I like this shy side of her. "I have a good news for you."

She chucked. "I hope you are not pregnant." This took me off guard as my jaw dropped to the floor. She is really unpredictable. She's got the spark. My reaction made her laugh harder. Her laugh was like music to my ears as the sight was breathtaking as well. The way her eyes twinkled, when she laughed.

"Let's get you out of here." Without waiting for her to reply, I started pulling her with me till I reached the back door through kitchen. The cold air assaulted my skin as I felt Meow shiver.

"Wow! Is this your backyard?" She looked amazed.

"Yeah." I nodded wrapping my arm around her shoulder to keep her warm.

"It's amazing!" She grinned up at me.

"I know." I grinned back as I took it in, again. It's huge with grass spread all over it and a huge pool at the right side.

"Why didn't you showed me this when you were showing me around your place?"

"I wanted to keep this surprise for you." I grinned making her do the same.

I lead her to the pool. "I'm not getting in to the water." She sounded serious.

"Why?" I couldn't help but frown at her.

"I hate getting myself wet!" She shivered again.

"Then, we'll just sit there." I motioned towards the chairs set-up near the pool.

"Ok." She shrugged making no attempt to stop me from leading the way. We were comfortable in the chairs after me withdrawing my arm from her shoulder. I must say it was a huge mental battle. "So, what's the good news?" She raised her eyebrows at me, with a smile and rubbed her palms together.

"Well, I don't know how to make you believe me." I searched for the ways, I can make her believe me as she frowned at me. Then, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and punched in it. As I held it for to look at it, she gasped. Her eyes out of the sockets and hands covering her mouth.

"You are the CEO of Lancat's Group of hospitals and laboratories limited?" Disbelief clear in her voice.

"Yeah, baby!" I winked giving her a cheeky grin.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of the back yard in the cover.