☽ 𝟮𝟲 : 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸 ☾

☯︎︎

5:43 pm

"W-What?" I bewilderedly stuttered like an absolute idiot after hearing the words she had uttered from her mouth, literally feeling like the power in my veins twitch in attention to let me know that it was finding it irresistibly alluring to know that perhaps this marking business or whatever has to do with something naughty-naughty, and Nala's mom just looked at me with the same confused expression before weakly smiling.

"Ahem, uhh...he has to actually...mark you tomorrow? For the mating bond to proceed?" She repeated herself clearly with a louder tone, while I stood there with confusion written all over my face, feeling small sparks and tingles surface into my palm because of which I formed tiny fists with my hands to contain them, appearing to have my power turn into excitement inside me, and I audibly gulped at that thought.

Mark me?

Didn't be tell me the mating bond will be different in our case? So how will he mark me?

Like...like with a pen?

Imprinting...

Is he going to make me have a permanent tattoo of his name on some part of my body or something?

'Mate of the King.'

'MOTK.'

That would be pretty weird to be honest.

Wait, what's weirder is that he could mark me in another way...in the way animals do...?

IS HE GOING TO PEE ON ME!? HE BETTER NOT—

Me and me overthinking mind—

"Uhh, your majesty? I don't mean to pry but...it seems that you're kind of spacing out right now." Nala's mom chuckled brightly after patting my shoulder softly, breaking me free from my lost trance as I jumped in surprise because of her action, before rubbing my arm awkwardly with sucked in lips, feeling curiosity birth inside of my mind like a baby.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that, I tend to do that a lot." I confessed sheepishly with a defeated smile, and she snickered at my constipated expression before nodding in understanding.

"That's fine, I understand why that happens. I guess we'll leave you to it, I hope you have a marvellous evening, my queen." She politely stated after bowing her head and  slightly nudging her daughter to bow their heads together, making me freeze as they both were literally in synch with their actions, before she looked at Nala and was turning to walk away in disperse.

"Wait!" I quickly yelled in protest to their footsteps, making them stop at their tracks swiftly and turn around to face me properly again, as I had one of my hands outstretched in their direction to have their attention, before adequately clearing my throat.

"I know this might be a bit sudden, but since it's not six on the clock yet, i-is it okay for you to stay for a couple of minutes with me? I just had a few questions regarding...what would happen tomorrow, and I need to have some answers," I confessed nervously while rubbing my arm again after hugging myself in an attempt to calm my nerves on what I just heard from her, making her drown herself into a whirlpool of deep thought after occasionally glancing at Nala skeptically, while the small cute little baby was staring at me with a warm toothy grin on her adorable face.

"And also, that is if you're free right now. If you need to be somewhere else with whatever cleansing you have talked about, please don't let me stop you. I don't want to be a bother." I added with a weak smile after returning a wave to her benevolent daughter, and she returned one too, before feeling her mother tug her into my direction in understanding.