Four Hours

Disclaimer: The following character names are changed to protect their identities. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. This is a work of fiction.

Play the Youtube video on top and use your headsets/headphones to listen to the ambient sounds.Thank you for reading Anthology of the Dark.Get cozy. And let us begin.----------

   It is cold here. Can't they find a more comfortable table to lay me down on? My family is sitting outside waiting for my operation to be finished. I have waited months for this, and I made sure I get the best surgeon. My friends had their "glow up" already, I thought I can do that too. Heck, I told my parents I want to get the surgery done ASAP so I can heal before my birthday is done. They could not say no to me, of course, I told them of the consequences if they didn't give me what I want. And I want my glow up.

I want to look like one of those Korean girls. I want the slit eyes and a good nose job. My last one is... Okay. I mean, I was still voted Queen of the School. I know, I already look beautiful, everyone loves me. But the trend today is Kpop and Korean girls... I'm not going to let my friends get ahead of me. I want all eyes on me. I will have this surgery done one way or another because I always get what I want. And that is just how it is.

"Ready?" asked one of the surgeons in the room. I'm guessing he's the anesthesiologist. I can't see their faces, but I can tell he looks good.

"I've been ready for months." I mean, seriously. I just want to get this over with so I can post in my Instagram and update my followers. 2.3 million followers... Honey, they miss me already and they are so looking forward to seeing the new me.

"I'll just put this on you, and you breathe the oxygen in" he strapped a silicone mask on me, why is everything here cold? "Slowly count to ten and just relax okay?"

I nodded like a good girl. There were other people in the room. They are busy with the other bleeping and whatever sounds I hear around the room. This is not my first rodeo. Like I said, I have had jobs done previously so I'm very calm.

"One...Two...Three...Four..."

Ohhh I can tell the meds is hitting already. I can see them getting blurry and like they have this motion thing going on as I look at them all move. "Five...Six..."

Next thing I know... I am fast asleep.

Sigh. After 5 hours, I'll be feeling all sorts of pain, but it will be worth it! I am going to have the face I want, the body I want and goddamn it! I will be more beautiful! I just need to---

Ouch, someone bumped my head. Hey asshole! There is a sleeping person on the table can't you see? ---Wait! Hold up. Pause. Stop. Rewind. I am asleep, aren't I? I mean, I inhaled that gas anesthesia thing, so I'm not supposed to feel anything or be awake. Wait. Wait... This is not possible. Maybe I'm just---

"Incision." The head surgeon declared across the room of keen-eyed people.

I can feel the slow and painful cut on my skin. Hang on! Wait! I'm still awake! I'm still awake! Your stupid gas didn't work. Hang on! I'm---Aaaaaahhh!!! I can feel my skin pulsating and blood dripping from the cut. I don't want this! I don't want this! I'm trying to get someone's attention; I'm trying to open my eyes so the surgeon in front of me would see that I am awake. The cutting stopped but now I can feel something cold on my throbbing skin.

"Clamp." He said again.

I could hear the trays and someone passing someone something. Next thing I knew there is something pulling my skin open. Ahhhh!!! No, please stop! I can't! Oh my God! Please stop! I am not asleep; I am not asleep! Stop!!! I can feel hands inside my body and something cold brushing on my---

"Drill."

Drill? Wait, what do you mean 'drill'? Then I remembered, I wanted them to remove one of my lower ribs so I can achieve the ultimate hourglass body. What? Thalia did it? That girl who looks like a freaking Barbie did it, I am Instagram famous and I will be twice...No, thrice more famous for doing that. I just know it. Suddenly, I felt friction and immense pain hit my ribs. This is not how I wanted it.

STOP OH MG GOD!!! KILL ME!!! KILL ME!!! THIS HURTS SO MUCH!

You'd think after having shock from all the pain I'd be able to really pass out, I'm thinking of that too, why am I not passing out? I can't open my eyes. I can't move my hands or my feet, but I can feel everything. I can feel something pinching my skin and pulling it open, I can feel the drill taking bits of every bone from my rib cage. I can feel my blood dripping somewhere and other people's hands inside me.

"You feel that?" I heard someone say. "Can you feel everything?"

What. The. Fuck. Is...Is he talking to me?

"That gas you inhaled. It's not anesthesia." I'm guessing this is the surgeon whispering because they had the same deep and calm voice "I want you to know, I am enjoying this. Afterall... You wanted this."

No!

"You love this."

NO!

"I'm sure you will be pleased. Afterall, didn't you say, 'Beauty is pain'?"

I teared up. I did not even know it was possible considering I cannot move. But I teared up. I am crying. I'm crying and I'm thinking what did I do to deserve this? I don't deserve this! This is not the treatment I wanted. I never said beauty is pain! I just wanted to look better! I want to get out! I want everything to stop! Get me out of here!

"Don't worry," his hands brushed my head as if I'm a pet "We'll be having this moment... Four hours and 30 minutes more. Enjoy princess."

Four hours... Four hours of indescribable pain. This is hell. I can feel everything, I can hear everything. I hope this is all done so I can tell my family and sue these people! This is not the beauty I wanted to feel. Get me out of here. Wake me up!