I have two hands, the left and the right...

Disclaimer: The following character names are changed to protect their identities. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is coincidental.

This story has elements of sexual assault, suicide, arson and mutilation. Proceed with caution. May or may not be based on a real life and on-going case.

My heart goes to all victims of sexual assault, rape and abuse. There is a special place in hell for those perpetrators who are still not convicted of their crimes. If you know someone who is experiencing this kind of crime, please urge them to speak up and file a case against their perpetrators. Let them know that it's not their fault and that they are NOT alone.

This is a work of fiction.

Play the YouTube video on top and use your headsets/ headphones to listen to the ambient sounds.Thank you for reading Anthology of the Dark.Get cozy. And let us begin.----------

Not guilty, that is what the jury decided. He stood up from his seat and people around him patted his back. His smile broadens as he looked around the court. He met my eyes and he gave out a smirk. A smirk. He should be in jail, for everything he did to me. He committed a crime and he got away with it, and he knows it. He is proud he got away with it. That smirk is like him saying, 'I told you so, no one would believe you'. The law that was supposed to protect victims like me turned its back and everyone who was supposed to understand looked the other way and took his hand and money because that is what society does.

I sat there, looking down on my hands. Even before this case started, they called him innocent unless proven guilty; and they called me a liar unless proven guilt. Tell me, what so innocent about what he did to me? I looked at him, our eyes met, he gave out a smirk. A smirk.

I sat there while everyone around me debated on what to do next; I looked at my attorney, my parents, my cousins and my partner. Everything they said echoed in my head. Everything felt like spinning. I just wanted everything to stop. He walked out of there a free man. A clean man. A man with two clean hands, guiltless and innocent. They told me to trust the system, to pray... I am done praying; I am done trusting the system; I asked for help and they turned around and never looked back at me. They left me there.

I closed my eyes and remember the way he smirked at me as he walked away, a free man. That smirk, those hands. I missed the memo that society supports the perpetrators and criminals, especially if they have connections, status and money.

He is guilty. Guilty or everything, guilty of that night. He will pay. He took everything from he, my life, my sanity and my soul. He is a monster... But so am I.

I have two hands, the left and the right...

It was in the middle of the night, I was tired from working and he told me he could drive me home since he is also on the way, I thought how nice of him. We were just talking. Then, suddenly, he started driving towards an unfamiliar street, it was dark, it was dimly lit. I started wondering and asking where we were. He did not answer, his eyes looked on the dark street and parked somewhere where it is just the two of us.

...Hold them up high, so clean and bright...

He suddenly lunged at me and he forced himself onto me. I was shocked and I do not know what to do. I was scared and I froze. I froze. I saw myself from outside my body getting violated by this... This... This monster. He was having fun. I tried telling him to stop but he yanked my underwear and forced his hands down my private parts. I froze.