Chapter 42 - Private Training

Start from the beginning

His hand caressed my cheek, fingers running down to my chin and my neck. "Maybe we should do something else instead."

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

Leo leaned down to kiss my forehead gently. "Can I just kiss you? Is that okay?"

I stretched my weak muscles and looked up at him. The handsome little devil had pure love in his eyes, a completely adorable smirk playing on his lips. Jeez, what am I going to do with him? "First of all, you're so cute."

He beamed. "Thank you. But you're cuter."

"No way, you're the cutest. And secondly," I began, sitting up and eagerly climbing onto his lap, "yes, you can kiss me."

His fingers trailed across my skin to find the back of my neck and slowly pull me closer. Our lips were mere inches from each other. I let my eyelids flutter closed in anticipation. This kiss was about to change me more than any other from him already had.

With tension building between us, I started leaning in.

And then the T-Phone ringtone started going off.

We jumped apart, me falling off of his lap and landing on the space next to him. Thank goodness there was a cloth to break my fall. Leo growled at his phone and answered the call with an annoyed tone. "What is it?"

I could hear Mikey on the other line. "Dude! You'll never believe what I found in the bin outside the abandoned video store! It's so awesome you're going to cry!"

"Mikey, can you not do this right now? I'm busy!" Yeah, busy getting it on with me, I thought with a giggle.

"But it's a new Space Heroes movie you haven't seen! None of us have! It's Return to the Ancient Planet!"

Leo froze, swallowing hard. I tried so hard to hold back a laugh, but was not successful. He scratched his leg with the most troubled look I'd ever seen on him. "Aw, man, I don't know if I can-"

"Leo, let's just go," I interrupted. "I know you want to."

He pressed his lips together in a stressful smile. Those beautiful blue eyes traveled down to my lips.

"I'll kiss you before we go, deal?"

Finally, he grumbled a "we'll be there" to Mikey and hung up. In a blink of an eye, he lifted me back onto his lap and stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Where were we? And let's do the abbreviated version."

I laughed. "You're too much, you know?" As I admired his excited features, I let my hands go behind his head and pull at the tails of his mask.

"But you love me anyway," he said in a deeper voice.

Ohhh. I started leaning in, but purposefully went past his mouth to his temple and placed a teasing kiss there. "I love how my Captain looks handsome in blue," I said seductively.

He took my face in both his hands and pulled me to him quickly, joining our lips together as they were meant to be. There was a hunger, a passion, a beauty in the way we kissed. His tongue grazed my lips, and I opened my mouth for him. We danced together, loved each other. I moaned, relaxing in his arms and reveling in the feeling of being with him.

When I pulled away, I rested my forehead against his. He chuckled. "I love you."

"I love you, Leo. We should probably go."

He whimpered and peppered a million kisses on my lips, on my cheeks, and down my neck. "We don't have to just yet."

I shuddered. "Leo, you're making this difficult."

"Angel, you make it hard to be in a room with you and not touch you," he countered. His hands snaked around my back to hold me close, and he moved up to place one last kiss on my lips. "I don't want to let go of you."

"Well, you don't have to." I played with the tails of his mask, letting my fingers run over his cheeks. "You can carry me home like you usually do, and I'll be in your arms the whole time."

He grinned so wide I giggled again. And I was instantly turned sideways as he jumped to stand and picked me up bridal style, just like we always did. A tiny kiss was placed on the very tip of my nose. "Can I hold you like this when we get married?"

My heart jumped. But then I think he heard himself and cleared his throat. "I-I mean, you know, only if you wanted to get married one day, and I'm not forcing anything! I just meant that-"

"Hey, it's okay!" The thought of walking down the aisle to see him at the end was like paradise to me. I wondered how we would make it work, seeing as he wasn't exactly human. But I was so flattered that he wanted to be with me, of all people, with all my flaws and everything. "You want to marry me?"

"Well, we're not making this official, this wasn't how I wanted to - ugh, man!" Leo turned away to exhale sharply. A light blush dusted his cheeks. "Damn it. Let's just go home before I embarrass myself more."

I reached up to kiss his lips. "Aw, my Captain. I love you even more now."

He chuckled before shifting me so he could hold me with one hand and messily throw the tarp over his creation. "Okay, we're leaving. My lips are sealed."

"No, wait!" I was desperate to know what he was thinking. What did he want in a wedding? What did he think I was going to look like in a white dress? Man, my imagination was running wild, faster than my heart beating out of its mind.

We glided over the rooftops, made it home, and started the Space Heroes movie with the rest of the guys. I rested my head against Leo's shoulder, barely paying attention to the movie and thinking about what our wedding could be like. His hand found mine, and I knew we were in this for the long haul.