Chapter 16 - Patching Up Scratches

Your POV

I sipped on the coffee Donnie brought me and kept watching the databases. Thank goodness I was given a job to do. I felt bad that Leo and the guys had to go out and do this for everyone.

It had been a couple of hours since they left, and I was starting to worry. Leo had reassured me a bunch of times that they wouldn't be long and they would be back by 1 am. But the clock read 2:23 am, and I still hadn't heard anything.

I wasn't about to send him a text, either. Who knew if his phone notification sound was on and I compromised their position?

Trying to distract myself, I looked back at the monitor and clicked through all the database information again. No changes. It almost seemed too good to be true.

Just as I was about to check again, I heard whispering coming from the living area of the lair. I grabbed a spare pipe lying against the wall and crept over to the garage door.

My hand went to push it open, and I‌ heard Mikey yelp.

"Ah!‌ Raph!"

Of course, Raph tripped him on their way in. I dropped the pipe on the ground and ran up to Leo, who looked a little beaten up.

"What happened? How did it go?"

Leo embraced me and rubbed my back. "We did it, but it took a lot out of us. Except for Mikey."

I turned around, and Mikey was doing a handstand in the middle of the living area.

"This energy never stops! Late-night missions rule!"

Raph shushed him and trudged over to his room. "Shut up, man! Splinter's sleeping!"

I rubbed my eyes. "It is like 2:30 in the morning."

Leo's face became concerned. "Oh, I'm sorry you had to stay up for us!"

"No, it's okay. Can I see your arms?"

He held them out, and there were minor bruises and cuts on them.

Donnie yawned and used his staff as a walking stick. "Yeah, he got beat up worse than us. He jumped right at them and they were stunned for a while." He pointed to his lab. "Just use the first aid kit on the shelf to the right when you first walk in."

I took Leo's hand and led him into the lab, sitting him down on one of the nearby chairs and pulling out the first aid kit.

"Y/N, you need to go to sleep," said Leo, "it's late."

I shook my head. "Not before we fix you up."

The first aid tools in the case were much more than a general one from the store. I cleaned his minor cuts with alcohol pads and let them air dry, then placed bandages on them, my hands being as gentle as possible to avoid hurting him more. Once I was finished, I‌ reached up to kiss him on the cheek.

He stretched out his arms, then took my face in his hands and kissed me softly. I put my hands on his shoulders and deepened the kiss, getting closer to him. His tongue touched my lips, asking for entrance, and I surprised myself by letting him in. Our tongues danced together and explored each other's mouths in ways I‌ had never felt.

When we both pulled away, seeking air, I‌ saw the feverish passion in his eyes. We'd never kissed like that before.

Leo was still trying to catch his breath when he said, "I'm not tired anymore."

I‌ ran my hand lightly along the side of his face and kissed his forehead. "You've had a long night. Let's get you to bed."

After one more quick kiss, he stood up from the chair and stretched. I could see his exhaustion, poor thing. I put the first aid kit away and we held hands as we walked to his room.

He dug around in his closet and took out a huge Space Heroes hoodie. "Do you want to use it as pajamas?"

I smiled and took it gratefully, slipping it on top of my shirt. "Thanks."

Once he laid down in his bed, I put the covers over him and started to the door, switching the light off. He dozed off just as I silently closed the door behind me.

I went back to the living area and curled up on the couch, content that Leo was home safely, and succumbed to sleep.