Chapter 18 - Officially His

A/N - We're way past 400 reads now! I hope you guys are enjoying the story and I can't thank you enough for supporting it! Enjoy the start of your relationship!!

Your POV

Before I‌ knew it, I was being carried. Leo had tied his mask around my eyes so one of the sides without the holes was obstructing my vision. He refused to tell me where we were going.

"Please tell me?"

"No. No more asking."

"But-"

"No more! I'm not saying anything!"

I poked his neck while he was making a running start, and he had to stop because he was laughing so hard.

"Y/N-Y/N, stop!" He nudged my head with his, desperate for me to leave him alone.

I didn't. It was fun hearing him giggle like that. His whole body was shaking.

"Y/N, please! Mercy!"

After his plead, I‌ wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head against him. "Sorry, it was so funny. You're cute."

I felt him shake his head at me. "I'm still not telling you! And I'm not cute," he pouted as he made another running start.

Before I was able to retort, I felt us leave the ground. We were airborne for a moment, and I‌ held onto him tighter, worried that I was going to slip from his impossible grip because of gravity.

He landed on what seemed like the ground, then jumped again. His hands had a firm hold on me. "Don't worry, I've got you."

His words comforted me slightly, even though I had no idea what was going on and I was still worried that death was on my doorstep.

We finally stopped after what felt like a million more jumps, and he walked us a little further before putting me down. It took a moment for me to register a flat surface underneath me. He let me hold one of his hands and his shoulder to stabilize myself.

"Easy. You okay?"

I‌ nodded, taking a breath to ground myself. "Yeah."

He carefully untied his mask from my eyes. "You can look now."

With my vision restored, my eyes widened. We were standing in the torch of the Statue of Liberty.

I ran up to the metal bars and sighed as I‌ saw the breathtaking view before me. Nothing had changed about the skyline and the ocean waves. The sun glimmered on the water below.

Wait, the sun?

"How did no one see you?‌"‌ I‌ asked. "And how are we alone?"

Leo was leaning against another side of the torch, grinning. "The ferries are being repaired, so it's closed for the week. I'm also a stealthy ninja, in case you forgot."

I admired the inside of the torch now that I could see it in the daylight and spun around in excitement, unable to hold it in. "This is incredible!" The world was dizzying, but it was an intoxicating feeling.

Leo caught me in his arms before I tumbled to the floor and held me by my shoulders. "Careful!"

I blinked, holding onto his shoulders for support, and looked into his eyes as I became steady. "Thank you, so much. I love it."

"Aw, I'm glad you do. And I love you, Y/N."

I froze in shock. He loves me?

Leo let go of me and pulled out a square box from inside of his belt, pressing it into my hands. "I, uh, got this for you."

Tears stung my eyes as I lifted the lid and saw a charm bracelet inside. "Oh, Leo, it's beautiful."

"Look at the little charms on it."

I lifted up the bracelet to see a bunch of cute silver charms dangling from it. A heart with I‌ Love NY on it, a mini Statue of Liberty, a pizza slice, a flower, a peace sign, and a turtle with a blue gem on its shell.

He took the box from my other hand and put it back in its belt, sliding the bracelet onto my wrist. "Each one represents a thing that connected us. You moving to New York, of course, the Statue of Liberty because you love it so much, your job at the pizza place that gives us dinner sometimes, the flower I‌ left on your window, and, well, me."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he held my waist as he continued. "I want to do this right because you mean everything to me and I love you. Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart lurched. I reached up to press a kiss to his lips. "Of course I will, Leo."

He pulled me closer and moved a hand to my cheek, kissing me deeply. As I tightened my hold on him, he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. We kissed for what felt like forever, our lips moving together, tasting and loving.

When I pulled away for air, I caressed his cheek. "I‌ love you so much, Leo."

His eyes brightened at my words, a goofy grin spreading on his face. "I love your swollen lips right now."

I pressed my lips together and lightly swatted his shoulder. "Hey! At least I can say they had a good time getting there."

Leo gave me a chaste kiss before moving to my neck and softly kissing all over. All of my remarks faded away as I‌ sighed and tilted my head to the side to give him better access.

The afternoon was perfect. I was finally his, and he was mine.