Chapter 15 - New Beginnings

A/N - Almost 250 reads?? Thank you so much for everything! Here's the next chapter for you!

Leo's POV

I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Y/N made all the arrangements to stay. She convinced her parents that New York was the place for her, and by a miracle, they agreed to send over all her other clothes and important belongings. Her grandparents were so happy that she enjoyed living with them, and they let her stay in the apartment with them.

After a few weeks, she found a job at a pizza parlor nearby to help pay the rent.

I waited in the shadows of the building just before the end of her shift, keeping my guard up just in case. The bells in the doorway rang as the door opened, and Y/N stepped out, wearing an adorable hat with a pizza logo on it.

She paused in the middle of the street. I tiptoed out of the shadow and knocked once, then two more times on the side of the parlor.

Immediately, she turned around and spotted me, a wide smile on her face as she ran over. "Hi!"

I‌ picked her up in my arms and spun her around so I could hear her beautiful laugh. "Hi."

When I put her down, she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a quick peck on the lips. "Are the guys hungry?‌ I‌ made a spare pizza that I left in the back for them."

I placed my hands on her waist. "They probably are, there was a lot of arguing about video games, so I think they forgot dinner."

Y/N shook her head with a smile. "Let me go grab it." Reluctantly, I let her go back inside for a moment to grab the box.

When she returned, I picked her up bridal-style and took us down to the lair.

As I carried her inside, I‌ heard the same arguing from before.

"But Raph was the one who trashed the game!"

"For the last time, I didn't trash it, Mikey!"

"Then where is it, huh?" Mikey was impatient.

"Come on, why can't you just let it go Mikey?" Donnie pleaded. "I don't want to hear about this stupid game anymore!"

"But it's my only Crognard the Barbarian game! It's special!"

I sighed as we came into the living room and watched Raph start chasing Mikey. "Guys!"

Donnie turned to look at us and brightened when he saw the pizza box in Y/N's arms. "I'm getting a slice first!"

Just as Raph was about to land a punch on Mikey, a smoke bomb was thrown and Mikey disappeared.

Out of nowhere, the box slipped out of Y/N's arms. She fanned the smoke from her face and saw Mikey running into the kitchen with it. "Hey, hold on, Mikey!" Y/N scolded.

I put her down and let her go after him, smiling as I watched her take the box back with one hand and put her other hand on her hip.

Donnie sped over to the table with a plate, holding it out in front of him. Y/N opened the box and served him a slice.

Mikey wasn't pleased. "Hey!"

As I was about to walk into the kitchen, Raph caught my head around his arm in a noogie.

"Aw, my big brother's in love!"

"Raph, stop."‌ I tried to push him off, but his grip tightened.

"Hey, it's okay to admit I'm right. You carried her in like it was a romantic comedy." He finally released me from his hold. "Just, keep treating her good like that. I like seeing you happy."