Chapter 29 - College Celebration Part 1

A/N - As usual, thanks so much to all of my readers! We're having lots of fun with the guys today!! And Mikey's enthusiasm in this pic is literally everything, so cute! (The rest of the guys are not this serious in this chapter lol)

Leo's POV

"Ok guys, listen! Y/N is starting college tomorrow!" I said as soon as I dropped her off at work. "We have to do something special for her."

"Ooh!" Mikey whirled around from the pinball machine. "Let's get ready to par-tay!"

I chuckled as I went over to him and slung my arm over his shoulder. "That's the spirit, little bro. But seriously, I need ideas."

Raph shook his head from behind his magazine. "Haven't you already done everything? Does the statue of liberty ring a bell?"

I sighed. "I know, that's why I need help! Ugh, I knew this would happen!" I let go of Mikey and started pacing the room. "You guys know how I feel about her. What if I don't do this right and she gets disappointed? She doesn't have anyone else to celebrate her anymore. Remember what happened with her family?"

At that moment, Donnie slid his lab door open. "Guys! Check out the modifications I made to the patrol buggies!"

"That's it!" I rushed over to Donnie. "Can you make some stuff for Y/N for her college party?"

Donnie frowned. "What college party? A real college party? With girls?"

"No dude!" I grabbed the edge of the lab door and pulled it fully open. "We're going to have a party for her! Please?"

A huge puff of purple smoke appeared in front of me. Mikey materialized inside of it with a giddy look. "YES! College party! I'm in!"

"Well, if you give me about five more hours, I should be ready with Y/N's stuff," said Donnie.

I clasped my hands together. "Perfect. Raph, Mikey, can you help me decorate?"

Raph closed his magazine with a fake sigh. "Fine. But Mikey's not allowed to blast that stupid song."

"Aw, but I love bad guy!"

"Fine! He won't play the song!" I said, giving Mikey a warning look. "Let's go!"

As we made our way out of the lair to gather supplies, I nudged Mikey and whispered in his ear, "We'll play the song when we're done. Maybe during the party."

Mikey brightened immediately and snickered. "I'm counting down the hours!" he whispered back.

Your POV

There was something up with Leo as he walked me through the sewers after work. He was really giddy and kept bringing my hand up to kiss my knuckles. It was so cute that he remembered that I‌ liked that, but the excited smile that he couldn't hide told me he was hiding something.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and stopping just before we got to the lair.

He pressed his lips together and absentmindedly intertwined our fingers as he looked away.‌ "Nothing..."

"Leo, I know you're lying."

"What gave it away?"

I‌ gestured to his whole body. "Everything! You're being weird. A good weird, but still weird."

He gave me a sheepish grin and scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry. I just, I'm really excited about this. You're going to flip!"

"Why?"

Leo covered my eyes with a big green hand and walked me into the lair. "Hold on, not yet," he murmured.

I laughed and held out my hands to make sure I didn't bump into anything. "Leo!" He pressed a kiss to my temple, and I instantly smiled from behind his fingers.