Chapter 5 - Brotherly Torture

A/N - This picture just makes me laugh!

Leo's POV

I stumbled out of my room the next morning, rubbing my eyes and blindly opening the refrigerator.

"Good morning, sleepyhead,"‌ Mikey greeted. He stuffed his face with leftover pizza from last night. I'll never understand how pizza is breakfast, lunch, and dinner to him.

Raph leaned against the pinball table, eyeing me suspiciously. "So, where was our fearless hero last night?"

Donnie looked up from the TV and turned around to face me. "Yeah, Leo, why'd you abandon us?"

I grabbed a cereal box and poured it into a bowl. "Guys, sometimes a leader has to go solo at the end of a scout. It's for extra safety."

"Oh yeah?" Raph commented. "Since when was that a thing?"

"Listen, all you have to do is follow my orders,"‌ I said. I didn't want them to find out about Y/N and get the wrong idea. We weren't anything more than friends. Definitely not.

My thoughts were interrupted by Mikey poking my face with the handle of a spoon. "Mikey, please stop."

He held up the spoon like a sword. "I order you to leave me to my thoughts and make me a sandwich, for I am king!"‌ he said in a mocking voice. "Or a delicious pizza for Michelangelo!"

Raph jumped behind him and swiped the spoon from his hand. "If anyone gets to be king, it's me!"

Donnie giggled as he programs his cockroach to crawl onto the face of the spoon, directly in front of Raph's mouth. When Raph saw it, he squealed like a girl and drops the spoon on the ground, attempting to smash it. "Get it away, get it away!"

"Dude!"‌ Donnie rushed over to rescue his cockroach and slid onto the ground, narrowly missing Raph's foot. He stood up and placed the roach onto his shoulder. "This is my very fragile biological specimen! Remember the camera?" And sure enough, the roach was still wearing the camera on his head.

I carried my bowl of cereal to the couch and turned on Space Heroes, ignoring their ridiculousness. And when Celestial came on the screen, I couldn't help but think of Y/N and how much better looking she was.

Mikey plopped down in the seat next to me and frowned at the TV. "Again?‌ Dude, where's Crognard?"

I ignored him, still lost in my thoughts, and he waved his hand in front of my face. "Leo? Leeeeooooo?"

He turned around to face the others. "He's gone. But it doesn't look like a Space Heroes trance."

I don't know what my face looked like, but Raph stepped in front of me and backed away. "Oh, no."

"What!?" Mikey was frantic.

Donnie flipped onto the seat next to me and studied me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at my bowl uncomfortably. "Why are you staring at me?"

Raph nodded and flicked my forehead.

"Ow!"

"Yep, he's got the hots for someone."

Mikey gasped and hugged my neck. "Aww! My big bro has a crush!"

Well, that's it for me.

***

After being bombarded by a million questions of "Who is she?" "What's her name?" "What's she like?" "When did you meet her?" "Is she your girlfriend yet?", I‌ locked myself in my room and landed facedown on my bed.

It was never gonna happen. She was leaving in a few weeks because she didn't even live here. And, how was I supposed to know if this was even real between us? She was a girl. A human girl. And I was a turtle.

That kind of thing just doesn't happen.

Still, I couldn't stop thinking about how good it felt to be on the fire escape talking to her through her window, like some chick flick come to life. I learned a lot about her, even if it wasn't much. And I wanted to know more.

I took out my T-Phone and scrolled to our brief text conversation, fumbling with the words to say.

Me: Hey!

I cringed. Way too excited. But it sent.

She replied after a minute.

Y/N: Hey, what's up?

Me: Not much, just hanging. What about you?

Y/N: Home alone again. They left for some family thing.

Me: Why didn't you go?

Y/N:‌ It's "adults only"

I shook my head. What kind of grandparents didn't spend time with their granddaughter?

A knock at the door took me off guard. I put my phone down and unlocked the door, sticking my head out. "What?"

Donnie was on the other side. "Hey, just wanted to say sorry on behalf of them," he said, gesturing to Raph chasing Mikey around the lair. "I get it. Isn't it embarrassing when they find out about your crush?"

I looked away. "She's not my crush."

"Oh, really? Well, why were you so distant with an 'in love' face?"‌ He smirks at me. "I know you like her."

I sighed. "Okay, maybe a little, but what does it matter?‌ She's a human who's leaving in a few weeks. What's the point?"

Donnie patted my arm. "I‌ know part of the feeling. Don't give up on her yet. Invite her over, introduce her to Splinter and the guys. Just show her a good time anyway. You can still be friends, even if she ends up going home."

"I don't know about this, Don, you saw how they were."

"Just trust me."‌ He looked behind him and sees Mikey chasing Raph with the cockroach again. "Hey! Guys, don't touch that!" He started running after them.

I chuckled and closed my door, lost in thought. My phone was still on my bed, so I took it and sent Y/N a text.

Me: Then I'll take you to the lair.