33 | "I'm here with my girlfriend."

Beginne am Anfang

"You've got be kidding me.", I heard him say before he pushed me away lightly, "I'll finish this up. Go help the others or something."

"Uh, alright.. thanks once again.", I said while walking away reluctantly.

I know I've noticed the good person in Ross for a while now but seeing him this caring is just.. awkward and hard to get used to.

Especially when we're joking around most of the time.

I just shrugged it off and was about to help others when I realized that most of them were finished with what they were doing and sighed. I'm not really of use here right now.

Shortly after, we were all heaving breakfast. After having breakfast, Jordan and Lucas volunteered to do the dishes and we were all chilling in the living room.

"Gosh, I really wished we had some ice cream right now.", Maia said while running her fingers through Rudy's hair whilst he was laying with his head on her lap.

"Ice cream would be great right now.", I heard Emma agreeing with her.

"I'll go get some.", I told them while standing up and looking at Dave, "Is there a convenience store close by ?"

"Well yeah, but you'll have to go by car.", he told me, instantly making me frown.

I mean me driving slow is one thing but what if I accidentally damage one of their cars ? I mean every car here belongs to them and not me... Other than that, they'll probably think it's okay now that I have my license but just thinking about damaging their cars makes me unbelievably nervous. Wha-

"Let's go together than, I wanted to get fresh air anyway.", I heard Ross say before he took his keys and phone and headed out.

I looked thankfully after him before turning back to the others and saying, "See you guys later."

I rushed outside and saw Ross getting in on the driver's side and got into the passengers seat.

He started to drive and glanced at me shortly before saying, "You know, if you don't want others to know that you're not that confident in your driving abilities just yet, you really gotta control your face expressions."

"Was it that obvious ?", I asked him worried.

"Well, not really but I don't know how long you would've stood there looking into space.", he told me.

I sighed while looking out of the window, "Well, I think it'll take time for me to get confident in it now that my driving instructor isn't with me anymore.", I said.

"Well, I could, you know...", he started.

"What ?", I asked curious while turning away from the window to look at him.

"I mean, I could help you get more confident in it, you know ? I mean, only if you want to.. since I got my license a while ago and probably have more experience with it, you know what I mean ?", he said while stretching his neck, which I noticed he tends to do when he gets nervous.

I smiled at him, "I'd love to accept your offer, thank you.", I told him.

He chuckled before looking around since we got to the parking lot and he was about to park.

After he parked, we got out of the car and I realized that we were in front of a mall.

"Wow, there really is a mall around here ?", I said while looking around.

"Yeah.. let's get ice cream.", Ross said while leading the way.

We were searching for ice cream when I saw two persons stop right in front of us while I was bending down, looking for other snacks to buy.

I looked up curiously when I recognized the face and instantly felt pain in my heart because of it.

It was the girl Alec cheated on me with last year.

As if this wasn't shocking enough, she started to talk but not to me, she was addressing Ross.

"Long time no see, Ross. How have you been ?"

Since I was bending down already, I instantly noticed him clenching his fist. What's going on ?

"I've never been better.", he said, but I could hear the coldness in his voice.

"Well, I've also been pretty good, you know.", she said with the smile never leaving her face.

I don't remember hearing Ross ask how she had been.. Is she forcing a conversation ?

"You must be visiting Dave's vacation home, right ?"

She knows about Dave's vacation home ?

"Yes.", Ross responded. I glanced up at him to see his emotionless face expression. I've never seen him like this. So serious.

I noticed the boy standing next to her and his arm around her waist told me that they weren't just friends.

"Well nice, we also had to get a few things so we're here.", she said before adding, "Why don't we get something to drink since you're already here ?", she offered him.

Is she blind ? Even I can see that Ross could list thousands of places he'd rather be than in front of her.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not alone here.", Ross stated, making their attention turn towards me. God no.

I looked back at them awkwardly and saw Ross unclenching his fist, instead holding it out for me to take it.

I took it and as soon as I stood up he turned slightly towards me and mumbled only for me to hear, "I'm so sorry."

I furrowed my brows at him confused before I felt his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. I felt my cheeks flush instantly and looked up at him.

"I'm here with my girlfriend."

•••

Hi there adorkieees 👀

Really liked writing this chapter (it's also longer than usual🙃)

-Anyways, fave line ? 🌷

-Favorite Trish quote ?

-Your favorite disney couple ? (Other than auslly cause they're obviously the best💯)

This chapter is dedicated to (tysm for reading !!🌷) vaehhh06

Have an amazing day and stay safe.🌱

-tice