She turned to me, "It's 3pm and I wondered if you wanted to eat." she smiled sheepishly.

"3pm?" I asked and she nodded. I held up my hand and started counting.

11, 12, 1, 2- I already slept for 5 hours?

"Did you eat?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Why didn't you cook for yourself?" I went passed her and started to go down, she followed.

"Well I wanted us to eat together so I waited for you but then you never came down..."

We arrived at the kitchen.

"Next time don't wait for me, okay?" I said to her.

"Okay..." And then I heard her stomach growl.

She looked down and I saw her blush out of embarrassment.

I sighed and put my hair up in a messy bun. "What do you want to eat."

"You can cook?"

"Not that good but I'll try, it's the least I could do."

I've always cooked just for me and dad, hopefully it turns out okay for her considering she probably eats high end dishes.

"I kinda wanted to have cookies..."

My eyes lit up. I missed baking.

"Sure!" I said with a smile.

I turned my back to her and looked at the cupboards and realized I have no idea where the ingredients are stored.

"Hey Chlo can you tell me where the things are put?" My eyes widen when I heard what I just said.

I gave her a nickname. I felt my heart do that weird beat again and a smile unintentionally crept up my lips.

The room was silent. She must've realized it too.

I shook my head lightly and put on a neutral face, "hey I sai-"

She was just staring at me with pink tinted cheeks. "Can I help?" She said.

"Y-yeah sure..." I said, feeling my own cheeks warm up.

She walked to my side, "what can I do?" I can feel some tension in the room but I pushed the feeling off.

I really wanted to bake without thinking about anything. Baking makes me feel calm and gets my mind away off of things.

But now with...Chlo beside me, I doubt I could feel that.

"I'll tell you the ingredients and you give them to me." I told her and I started washing my hands.

She pouted, "but I wanted to help!"

"You are helping." I chuckled at her.

"No, I want to help help." she emphasized.

"I don't get what you mean." I grinned, I did get what she meant. I just wanted to see her be all cute and angry.

Did I just-

No.

"I mean like- you know!" She held her hands like she was holding a bowl and a whisk and pretended to whisk the air. "Do those!"

I nodded "sure." I can't tease her more when I can't get my mind off of what I just thought.

I mean... Friends say things like those right? 

Well you thought about it in a different way so there's a difference.

So... If I say it out loud it wouldn't be weird?

It's just a compliment. It's nothing.

She tied her hair up in small, low, ponytail. There was a small piece if hair hugging her face but she just tucked it behind her ear.

If I say it then it means I didn't think of it as a weird non-friend thing, right?

"Hey Chlo?" I said stiffly.

She looked at me while still trying her hair, "yeah?"

"You're cute." There.

Silence fell and I immediately regretted what I just did.

"What?" She said and her face went on full blush.

I felt my face get hot and I knew I was blushing like crazy.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stu-

"T-thanks." she coughed, "I think you're cute too."

We just looked at each other, both red in the face.

This is supposed to be a friend thing right?

Then why did I feel my heart skip a beat when she said that?

My heart skipped a beat.

Holy shit.

That's what I've been feeling.

"I'll g-go to the bathroom real quick." I said and walked out of the room calmly. When I was out of sight, I dashed to the bathroom and locked the door.

I looked at myself and my cheeks were burning. I could feel them burning.

No. It wasn't- it did not skip a beat. It shouldn't. Hearts don't do that.

I groaned in frustration and pushed the feeling away. I lightly slapped my face and went back to the kitchen.

This is gonna be a disaster.