Chapter 8: An Interesting Reunion

Annaleigh

Today is the day. The day that I see my old pack and family. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. "Anna you have to calm down. All this stress isn't good for you." Alex says rubbing my shoulders. "I know I know. It's just been so long since I've seen them." I admit. He sits next to me and takes my hands. "Listen. You are not the woman you were when you left that pack. You are a lot stronger and they can not break you. Not anymore." He says and I pull him in for a hug. "Thank you."

A little while later our bags were packed and it was time to go. I slip on my black cargo pants, grey v-neck and black combat boots. "You ready?" Alex asks. "As I'll ever be." I reply putting my bags in his jeep. I then grab my helmet and hop on my black Harley. It helps clear my head if I'm not in a car and this will be a three hour ride.

Once we get on the road I feel myself calm down quite a bit. I just hope this reunion goes well

Alex's POV

Anna decided to take her motorcycle so she could have some extra time. Honestly I don't blame her. Her old pack treated her horribly.

About three hours later we finally reach the Moon Valley Pack, or Anna's old pack. I park the car and get out followed by Axel, Camden and Jackson. They stand by my side right when the Alpha or Max comes out along with his pack and Anna's old family. Her mom Christen and dad Brad along with her brother Mason. They have dark circles under their eyes. Like they haven't really slept well in a long time. "Ah, Alpha Alex. It's nice to finally meet you. Thank you for coming out to help." Max says shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you too." I reply. "So, whom are these wolves?" He asks "Well, this is my Beta Axel and my TIC Camden and Axel's brother, also one of my best fighters, Jackson." I say pointing to them. "Nice to meet you all and before I can forget this is my mate, Jackie." He says gesturing to a blonde wearing a blue sun dress. "And if I may ask where is your mate?" He asks looking around. "She'll be here soon." I say "now, would you mind showing my boys and I to our rooms? It's been a long trip." he nods. "Sure, right this way." Max says as he leads us inside. "You and your wolves will have the West wing of the house to yourselves. It includes a kitchen, six bedrooms each with their own bathrooms, a living area, an office and a conference room. Both of which are sound proof." I look back at my guys. They seem rather unimpressed by Max's attempt at showing off. So I know Anna is not going to fly for it.

After Max shows us our rooms he leaves us to get settled. When my phone rings. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey, I'm here." Anna says. "Okay, I'm comin out." I say hanging up. "Guys she's here!" I say walking down our hallway. They come out of their rooms and follow me outside. Anna pulls her bike up to the house right as Max, his mate and Anna's family come out. "Max, this is my Alpha female." I say as she gets off her bike and removes her helmet. Gasps of shock and realization come from them. I go to her and wrap my arm around her waist. "Glad you could make it." I say pulling her close and kissing her temple. "Hello, Christen, Brad, Mason, and Max... wonderful seeing you again." she says sarcasm lacing her voice. We walk past them and into the pack house. Their mouths still hanging open. This certainly was an interesting reunion.