Chapter 12: Returning home part two

Alex's POV

I stare disbelievingly at the man standing in front of us.

"Hello, Gregg." I greet in a monotoned voice. The man sighs in discontentment and rolls his eyes.

"Now, is that any way to talk to your favorite uncle?" Gregg says walking towards Anna and I. I take a protective stance in front of my mate and let out a low growl. "Oh, come now Alex. I just want to meet your young Luna." He says trying to look around me.

She steps around me and shakes Gregg's hand, "I'm Annaleigh." She tells him while giving me a look that says 'We'll talk later.' I just nod and grab her hand pulling her towards me. I put my arm around her waist then nods at my uncle.

"If you don't mind, Anna and I have important business to attend to." I say leading my mate into the house, but before I can get her inside I hear Gregg say, "I look forward to spending more time with the two of you."

I cringe inwardly at the almost sadistically calm tone in his voice. Reminds me of Hannibal Lecter.

Once Anna and I get back to our room she turns and looks at me. "You never told me you have an uncle." She says while crossing her arms.

"In case you haven't noticed, Gregg and I are not exactly in the best of terms." I say irritated with anger slightly lacing my voice. Anna's eyes soften and she wraps her slim arms around my waist.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Just next time tell me. You're my mate, I need to know these things." I hug her back and just hold her close. How did I ever get so lucky? I think to myself while kissing her hair.

When we pull away she looks up at me with her blue eyes that seem to look into my very soul. "Let's take a bath." She says with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

I smirk slightly and let get seductively lead me into the bathroom.

Hey guys, I'm sorry about another long wait. But school had been very busy and I'm preparing for a recital, drum major auditions and finals. I'm about to be a senior so just bear with me for the next couple of weeks and I'll try to update when I can.

Vote

Comment

Follow

And stay beautiful!