Epilogue

Anna

This can't be real...

"Come on out, babe, I know you're nervous but we can do this together." I smile at the bathroom door and open it to meet the eager eyes of my handsome mate.

I hug him around the waist and he buries his nose in my hair. "What did it say?" He whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I pull away to look into his eyes and say the one thing that will change our lives forever.

"We're having a baby!" I say with a smile and Alex gently placed his lips onto mine. He then cradles my head to his chest and places a kiss in my hair.

"Come on, the pack needs to know." Alex takes my hand and leads me from the bathroom. I get changed into a simple summer dress and follow Alex out to the garden where we stand together and wait for it to be filled with our pack mates. The scent of roses fills my nose and I look to the house as people start to file out.

...

"Everyone, I'd like to thank you all for coming." Alex says in front of our pack on the very stage where I was recognized as Luna almost three years ago. "I'm pleased to announce that your Luna is expecting the next Alpha heir to the pack!" Our entire pack erupts in joyous howls and applause. I lean into Alex's side and be puts his arm around my waist.

Our friends hug each other and Alex's parents are smiling proudly with tears in their eyes. I wish my family could be here to celebrate this day with me...all is not lost though, because I found a new family with the Riverstone pack.

I look out at all the smiling faces and I place my hands on my flat stomach. Alex kisses the side of my head and I smile in bliss as I remember a song from my childhood.

I see trees of green

Red roses too

I see them bloom, for me and you

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world.

The End.