Talia's pov - part two

Talia's POV

It was done . finally done . finally we managed to collect enough forces to strike back at Slade . after the dust had settled , the first thing I did was to find Damian . I was sitting in the throne room anxious . I knew I couldn't take part in the investigation , I was not in a right state of mind .

“ lady Talia " my thoughts were interrupted by an assassin .

“ yes " I asked

“ we found him " the assassin said and it took all of my  willpower not to give a reaction .

“ he is in a small orphanage in America " the assassin replied .

“ I will go myself to collect him " I announced . the assassin bowed and left . now that all worries were gone I felt myself wondering how old would Damian be ? He must be 1 by now and maybe learning to walk right now .

Time skip

I arrived at the orphanage  , dressed as a normal civilian . I looked at the building . it was in a good condition . my eyes looked at the garden and I froze . there he was sitting on grass and playing with other children with the brightest smile on his face . I smiled but then frowned . I never saw such a bright smile on his face .

( if you take him with you ) a voice whispered in my mind ( he will never be able to smile such carelessly . he will grow up like you . he will grow up with every one having high expectations with him . he will grow up with having high expectations with himself . even if you won't force him train and  try to give him a normal life he'll want to live up to the al ghul  name  ) the voice was right ,I can leave him with his father ( he will sleep every night worried sick for his father . thinking if his father would make it home or not .) I blinked the voice was right again , than what should I do ? ( leave him here . He will be safe here . he will sleep without a worry at night and here no one will expect anything from him . if you really love him then leave him ) I just stood there . I knew that If I'm leaving him its for his own good , but a tiny selfish part of my heart isn't letting me move . the tiny selfish part that wanted to watch him take his first steps  . the tiny selfish part that wanted to hear him saying his first words  , that wanted to see him grow up . but even that tiny selfish part knew that isn't possible . being an al ghul comes with expectations . even if  I save him from these expectations . I won't be able to spend any time with him as I even have to run the league . so I turned around and started walking away ignoring the stinging of my eyes and the aching of my heart.

Its for his own good .